Question Suggestion for upgrading my PC for game development?

rohitwalawalkarr

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Hello Guys,

Following is my PC configuration:

Motherboard: INTEL DH77EB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10)
Graphic Card: Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics
PSU: Corsair RM850w
Hard Disk: WD 1 TB

I want to learn game development using UE4. Since Mega scans are free on UE4, I also wish to use them.

I know my current PC is not suitable for such task. Hence I request you, to please suggest me the necessary changes (upgrades) that I should make, in order to learn game development smoothly, without experiencing crashes or technical failure.

The problem is I have a limited budget of $1500 - $1700 (maximum) and with this budget I cannot change every component. So, please suggest which components I can skip and which needs to upgrade immediately.

Thank you,

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your case? How old is the PSU in your build? I see you retaining the PSU, GPU and storage drive(s), case perhaps if the case isn't bad, then upgrading the ram, motherboard and processor to get you up and running.

Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase?

rohitwalawalkarr

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Make and model of your case? How old is the PSU in your build? I see you retaining the PSU, GPU and storage drive(s), case perhaps if the case isn't bad, then upgrading the ram, motherboard and processor to get you up and running.

Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase?
Thank you for your reply. My Case is Cooler Master K281 model and I'm using the PSU from past 4 years.

I'm from Mumbai, India and planning to buy the components from https://www.primeabgb.com/ and https://www.amazon.in/. There are also some local computer peripheral stores nearby which sell genuine products, so If I could get names of the components, I'll also check with them to see their price range.

Thank you.