[SOLVED] Suggestion to upgrade my Intel Core-i7-4790K on Z97 PC Mate Motherboard

peterng

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017
Hello,

Hope all is well. Since i'm doing a few upgrades to my rig due to a recent incident, i would like to take the chance to upgrade my CPU as well. I currently have the ABS Stalker X ALI012 with a few modifications:
  • Chipset Intel Z97
  • Intel Core-i7-4790K (4.0 GHz)
  • 16 GB DDR3 2 TB HDD
  • GTX 2060 (replaced the original Nvidia GTX 960)
  • Additional 500G SSD
  • Cougar SL 600 Power Supply
Any suggestion to upgrade the CPU as well? I have a budget up to $200-$250 that i can spend. If that may need to replace the motherboard as well then please suggest what i should do. I mainly use it to play games and render video on After Effect. There is nothing wrong with the current settings, i can play games at ultra but i'm looking to up some specs since i've been having this rig for more than 5 years. Thank you.

Aug 7, 2020
Basically buy a motherboard for ryzen CPUs if your using after affects and any programs for rendering , editing etc, and just buy a ryzen motherboard or wait for black market or Christmas sales and buy ryzen motherboard and CPU bundle then save up and get the ram then start switch the parts.

Reactions: peterng