[SOLVED] Suggestions for a case

DwzLT

Honorable
Oct 29, 2016
Upgrading case from 15 year old metal bin, please provide me some answers

Looking at getting the Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh Performance ATX Mid-Tower.

1. From what I understand it comes with two frontal 140mm fans but it also has space for fans on the top and bottom of the case? 1a. If so what diameter fans should I get for it or would the two suffice?
  2. Do separately sold fans come with screws or brackets or are there "kits"?

My system
msi b450 mobo
3070 gpu
1000w psu
cooler master hyper 212 evo2 air cooler for cpu

If there's any suggestions or anything to the sort I would be grateful for such knowledge, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The specs on the web page for this case indicate fan support is:

Front: 2 x 140mm or 3 x 120mm (they give you 2 140mm)
Top: 2 x 120mm or 2 x 140mm
Top of PSU chamber: 2 x 120mm

So if you wanted you could buy 2 more 140mm fans for the top and 2 120mm fans to mount on the bracket above the power supply. You should probably download the manual to study as part of your planning. Many people here favor Noctua fans and with those you get rubber mounts that are used instead of screws.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Get the case first and then worry about getting aftermarket fans after you've setup the system inside it. The case comes with fans out of the box to get your feet settled in hence my suggestion not to spend on more fans during case purchase. I'm wondering why you need a 1KW PSU for a decent level of hardware...like a single GPU and what might be assumed as a mid level/range processor(since it's not mentioned in your specs).

2| Yes they come with screws but it'd be a good idea to parse a link to the fan "kits" you're looking at.

If you'd like suggestions for another case, please parse your current specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the make and model of the PSU as well as it's age, as opposed to merely stating the advertised wattage of the unit. As for the motherboard you've listed, MSI is the manufacturer of the board, while B450 is the chipset, that doesn't state the model of the board.

Lastly, in terms of suggestions, where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and what is your budget for said case purchase?

DwzLT

Honorable
Oct 29, 2016
The whole reason I brought up this thread is because the gpu is making my metal case rather hot because it is so old and enclosed. Here's my specs I think I included everything

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6C/12T, 4.2 GHz, 36 MB, AM4, 65W
Motherboard: tomahawk b450 (ms-7c02)
Ram: G.Skill Aegis DDR4 DDR4-3200MHz 4 x 8 gb
SSD/HDD: regular 1tb ssd looking at getting an m.2 as well
GPU: 3070
PSU: MSI MPG A850GF 850W Efficiency 80 PLUS GOLD, PFC Active, Fully Modular (it's around 2 years old now) (also I realize it is not 1000w now, no idea why I had convinced myself it was 1000 in my head, sorry)
Chassis: very very old metal case that needed to be replaced years ago

I choose this case mainly because of people saying it is the "quietest" I don't really care about the looks or tempered glass or any of that.

I am located in Lithuania, the budget is around 100-130 euros for a case and the one I mentioned is going for 110.

I wasn't looking at any fan kits yet, was just wondering if there are fan kits in general.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
The Fractal Torrent is the best case available to buy right now imo. It’s expensive, but it does come with all the fans you could need, the airflow is phenomenal and it runs nearly silent.

that Lian Li case is very nice. While they don’t have the super premium quality and fancy materials that they once did, the price for a Lian Li case has come down a lot in recent years. The Lancool cases are very good midrange chassis with excellent airflow.

Last edited:
The specs on the web page for this case indicate fan support is:

Front: 2 x 140mm or 3 x 120mm (they give you 2 140mm)
Top: 2 x 120mm or 2 x 140mm
Top of PSU chamber: 2 x 120mm

So if you wanted you could buy 2 more 140mm fans for the top and 2 120mm fans to mount on the bracket above the power supply. You should probably download the manual to study as part of your planning. Many people here favor Noctua fans and with those you get rubber mounts that are used instead of screws.

Solution

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
That is a good case. I just bought one for my backup PC. It already has great airflow. It is also a very well built case. I will say the fans make a little more noise than I expected even with the fan speed controller built into the control panel on the low setting. Not necessarily louder, just a different pitch than my Corsair 780T which has 2 140mm fans in the front. You could also look at the Corsair 4000D Airflow. It is a little bit cheaper too.