Question Suggestions for switching from a Macbook Pro 2020 ?

Jul 9, 2021
Hey y'all, my name is Ryan and I need a laptop recommendation. I've been using the maxed-out version/configuration of the Macbook Pro 2020 M1 and it has been smooth as silk except for one huge thing: it's affecting my work. I mainly work in marketing and sales automation (something like this, for reference) which means I use a heap ton of apps and software, many of which malfunction with the new apple M1 chip. A lot of them still do not have a native app for the new processor. I've been an apple fan all my life so I'm basically diving headfirst in to Windows/other processor laptops. Please be gentle with me, I know absolutely nothing about specs.

1. What is your budget? $2k-$4k

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13"-16"

3. What screen resolution do you want? Highest possible

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? My mac will be the desktop laptop, so something portable would be amazing.

5. How much battery life do you need? Enough charge that would last me a day without needing an electric socket, something that'll survive moderate-high usage.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I only do app integrations and software automation–occasionally, I do photo and video editing too.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1 TB - 2 TB if possible

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links: I do not know of any sites.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 years, give or take.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I don't know what this is??

Any help is gladly appreciated, thank you strangers!

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.