Suggestions on a Distro?

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Has anyone tried or heard of an easy and fast Distro for DNS/Bind? I'm looking at throwing something togehter but it has to be something that a retard could configure (my sister isn't the sharpest knife on the sharpening block if you know what I mean). I'm looking at putting a full fledged DNS server on her linux setup but I didn't want to spend a ton of time setting it up and I wanted it to be GUI driven in case I have to have her login and do stuff for me.

So...easy, fast, GUI driven and specifically for DNS. Any suggestions? I hate knoppix if anyone is wondering...don't say knoppix...

----------
<b>It is always brave to say what everyone thinks. </b> <i>Georges Duhamel</i>

TKS

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Man...I can't believe no one has responded to this. I would say that I'd have thought that I'd get slackware and BSD replies out the yin yang and would have been told not to use GUI driven ones. Oh well...

I think I'm going to give MEPIS a try in that department. I'll report back with how well it worked.

----------

TKS

poorboy

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2002
Mate, I don't think the distro really matter here. The key is easy configuration of the Bind nameserver, so the config tool is probably more important than the distro. If it's multi-use + nameserving, then sure go with Mepis. But if it's dedicated, maybe something minimal like Debian or OpenBSD or something, with ProBind or another nice web-GUI runnnig on it.

<i>Knock Knock, Neo</i>

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
What I was looking for is something that people found comfortable...meaning...a comfortable GUI. I know KDE and Gnome provide a majority of stuff out there for Xwindows...I'm looking at distros with tweaked versions and added apps. So, in a sense, I'm looking for someone to give me info on distros they've felt comfortable with in configuring through the GUI. I know any distro would probably work. I'm searching for opinions. :)

----------

TKS