Question Suggestions to replace Seagate drive w/SSD

EssKayKay

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
I would like to replace the existing Seagate ST500LX012-1LM162-SSHD drive installed in a Dell Latitude E7450 laptop with an SSD drive. What drive type should I be looking for (examples would be appreciated).

Thanks,
Steve K.

EssKayKay

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
It's actually for a friend's wife with a very limited budget. I told her I'd try to do this on the cheap if could (I know, you get what you pay for).

The machine will not be used for anything too demanding or critical (email, simple browsing, Amazon, maybe some limited streaming, etc.). I'm also going to add one 4GB RAM chip (total 8) - like I said, nothing too serious. They have another machine they use for production (Word, Excel, Photo storage, etc.) so this machine is really just for convenience.

My biggest question is, will the Kingston drive fit in the Latitude E7450 replacing the existing Seagate ST500LX012-1LM162-SSHD drive? That is, is it simply plug & play. I realize I will have to clone the Seagate to the Kingston which I have done similarly in the past. I have been trying to contact Dell, but that's been close to useless.

Thank you for your time and consideration - much appreciated.
Steve K.