[SOLVED] Suitable PSU for 1600AF and 1650S

randomewok4

Commendable
Feb 5, 2018
Right now I'm trying to build a tower for a friend but currently there is a shortage of good low priced corsair PSU's ;-;
I was just wondering if the Cooler Master MPX-6501-ACAAB-AU is any good for a 1600AF and 1650S combo.

Solution
Is this not a B Tier PSU because it's past the 500w threshold for the C tier?

Tier C is tier C irregardless of wattage.
The tier list is based on component quality and voltage stability/ cleanliness of power.

That said, yes in effect you'll be running at around 50% max load which does skew things in favour of it with your choice of components.

Its a decentish unit anyway, I wouldn't dismiss it simply because of the tier ratings on here if psu'in your area are in short supply.

You only really need a 450w unit for those specs in reality, if there is something tier c in that wattage range or above then it 'may' be a better choice.
Is this not a B Tier PSU because it's past the 500w threshold for the C tier?

Tier C is tier C irregardless of wattage.
The tier list is based on component quality and voltage stability/ cleanliness of power.

That said, yes in effect you'll be running at around 50% max load which does skew things in favour of it with your choice of components.

Its a decentish unit anyway, I wouldn't dismiss it simply because of the tier ratings on here if psu'in your area are in short supply.

You only really need a 450w unit for those specs in reality, if there is something tier c in that wattage range or above then it 'may' be a better choice.

Solution