Question Suitable RAM for Dell G3 15 3579 ?

Ralston18

Titan
For the most part if you are adding RAM and the laptop has two RAM slots available you need to purchase a matched RAM kit.

In your case, that may be 2 X 8 GB RAM modules for dual channel use.

What is the current RAM configuration?

Module specs and sizes: did you mix and match 4 GB with the new/added 8 GB module? Or some other combination?

The only way to know about the RAM compatibility is to go to Dell's website and find the applicable specs for the laptop or its' installed motherboard.

[Note: you can use RAM manufacturer's websites to help establish compatible RAM. However, that is more of a consensus approach versus actually getting the information from Dell.]

There should be some documentation regarding supported RAM modules and what combinations are supported thereafter. Laptop specs and/or User Manual. Details matter. Supported RAM could vary by model, version, even serial number....

Jun 23, 2021
What is the current RAM configuration?
Current one is the inbuilt one that was shipped with the laptop
View: https://imgur.com/a/t8NbbM7

Module specs and sizes: did you mix and match 4 GB with the new/added 8 GB module? Or some other combination?
No, I matched 2x8 GB cards, one inbuilt and one purchased

The only way to know about the RAM compatibility is to go to Dell's website and find the applicable specs for the laptop or its' installed motherboard.

[Note: you can use RAM manufacturer's websites to help establish compatible RAM. However, that is more of a consensus approach versus actually getting the information from Dell.]

There should be some documentation regarding supported RAM modules and what combinations are supported thereafter. Laptop specs and/or User Manual. Details matter. Supported RAM could vary by model, version, even serial number....

I used the Dell compatible upgrades, listed my laptop and it does show the ram card as a compatible upgrade, not sure If I understood you correctly though

I used Crucial's compatibility tab and the ram shows up as a compatible one as well

Hello, I'd like to ask if one of these rams are actually compatible with my Laptop
https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/dell/dell-g3-3579

Reason I ask is I bought the 8 GB one, and after installing my laptop was crashing to a BSOD with a Memory management error.
You might want to go here and use their auto finder tool and let dell tell you what drivers and bios updates are needed.
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/g-series-15-3579-laptop/drivers

After that's done and tested try the new stick of ram again.

Jun 23, 2021
Jun 23, 2021
Well, I've seen to got an issue. I can't update the drivers, It says "Some of the updates could not be installed. See the Status column for details." but I can't find the support column anywhere

Well, I've seen to got an issue. I can't update the drivers, It says "Some of the updates could not be installed. See the Status column for details." but I can't find the support column anywhere
I don't know how it displays but run the scanner again and see if you can install just the bios if needed.

Then reboot and rescan and see if you can install just the chipset and management engine if needed.

Jun 23, 2021
Hello, so, after the update and reboot my laptops keyboard broke or something. Its a very weird bug, ill try to expain it best i can. Everytime i press a key on the keyboard its delayed, it shows up after a second but its typed multiple times. if i press more than one key, the latest one overwrites all the previous ones. I donz know what to do

Hello, so, after the update and reboot my laptops keyboard broke or something. Its a very weird bug, ill try to expain it best i can. Everytime i press a key on the keyboard its delayed, it shows up after a second but its typed multiple times. if i press more than one key, the latest one overwrites all the previous ones. I donz know what to do
You might want to take the pc to a service counter and see if they can figure out what is going on.

Also take the new stick of ram so they can test.