Sumvision Mini PC - Cannot update Windows 10 - not enough space

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambat2000

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
Hi, I have a Sumvision Mini PC V1.0 which has the 32gb storage, and 32gb sd card installed.
It has been running Windows 10 but now needs to update to the Creator's version, but every time I try it reports not enough space. I have cleared all junk, temp files etc, no change.
On 2 occasions the pc showed insufficient space and offered to let me choose the SD card for the install, but when I choose that option it then reports no card installed, although if you go 9nto Windows it is in file explorer.
I tried formatting the card but it makes no difference.
If you have a Sumvision PC have you managed to install the Creators update?
Any help appreciated

Solution
the error code 0x80070652 means:
Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.

you might have to purge the windows update cache. If the old version of windows was windows 7, you might be able to remove old service packs by running cmd.exe as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded
make sure you empty the recycle bin, I would also go into control panel and turn off virtual memory, reboot and confirm that c:\pagefile.sys has been deleted. it might give you enough space to do the install.
after the install you would turn on virtual memory and reboot. then run cleanmgr.exe and have it clean up files like the windows.old directory so you have more space.

sambat2000

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011

There is a specific image for the Sumvision Mini PC which I am trying to get from Sumvision if they respond to my support request.
I had a similar issue when upgrading to Win 10.

sambat2000

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011

I have cleared out as much as I can, deleted the pagefile.sys, any temp files, and removed the restore point configuration - still cannot get enough space to update. Getting error 0x80070652.

What about disabling and deleting the hibernate file? https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/tr-dojo/delete-hiberfilsys-by-disabling-windows-hibernate-function/

How did you clean the junk? Ccleaner?

Are there any Windows.old files?

https://windirstat.net/ offers you a visual representation of your file system. Maybe it will show you something.

the error code 0x80070652 means:
Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.

you might have to purge the windows update cache. If the old version of windows was windows 7, you might be able to remove old service packs by running cmd.exe as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.