Super-Cooled Quantum Computing Is Coming

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deceneu

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
when they will become smaller they will be used on tanks, combined with state of the art sensors
so when an enemy projectile is spotted by the sensors the quantum computer will calculate in real time the area of impact and will deploy/activate the necesary active/reactive armor of the tank.

only after that will medicine get one ( a downgraded version of course ), to be used for 3rd and 4th degree protein folding.
after all, destruction aplications DO have priority over life saving aplications.

G

Apparently the perusal of quantum techniques does not prohibit dyslexic typers.

WOOOOOD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
I am a physics mayer student,interested in quantum computer,I hope oneday I can make that computer come ture!

daskrabbe

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
[citation][nom]oscarsdg1[/nom]question, Would it be possible to say, use multiple quantum cores/ parallel quantum processors to increase the qbit count and work in conjunction with each other instead of having to increase the qbit count on 1 processor? say, use two 28 qbit cores instead of one 56 qbit core to increase qbit count. Could that increase the computational effectiveness, or does that just require technology we haven't got yet?[/citation]

Not possible, no.

daskrabbe

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]Can you guys please stope the stupid "will it play crysis" this is gettting lame , I am running a amd athy X2 5000+ with 2 gigs of ram , and a geforce 9600 GT , i can run crysis fine at with most setting on very high and a few at just high (Physics , resolution only set 1024x768) game runs great (bout 36-45 fps) , SO NO quatum computers are completely unnessicary to run crysis your post are jsut starting to get stupid and silly second , I seriously doubt you will ever have a quantum computer sitting in your living room , read the article title and you'll see why "Super-Cooled Quantum Computing Is Coming : D-Wave’s Orion: The First Commercial Quantum Computer? "NOTE SUPER COOLED < no Spuer cooling system could ever be made affordable to the general public. it uses Liquid nitrogen which cooling system that use this , create tremedous presure to keep the nitrogen at a liquid. in short the pressurising system alone probably cost a couple million if not more. now if you were to say , ambye in anotehr 500 years they will ahve these inhomes i be say yeah ok , but as for near future projections ... no.[/citation]
"Commercial" and "for the general public" is NOT the same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.