Super NES USB Gamepad Now for PC Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
I just picked up 2 very similar to this (no turbo buttons) for $13 a piece from ebay (new). Downloaded ZSNES and I've been playing MegaMan X, F-Zero,Sunset Riders, SF2 and UMK3 like crazy!

Watch where you buy from though because there is a very high fluctuation in price and quality. If you have some original SNES controllers you're better off just buying the USB adapters. They're the same price but you get the authentic experience of using a real SNES controller.

G

Looks legit. The D-pad looks like it would bloody my left thumb after a long play session, just like the SNES pads did in days gone by.

ALANMAN

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
[citation][nom]maestintaolius[/nom]I really like my logitech rumblepad, but I could see the nostalgia factor for when I'm playing my emulators.[/citation]

+1 My exact thoughts!

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Hey Nice Controller, i went to their website and it's kinda bazzare. Everything is in English except the
Price of the Controller. Why would you do something like that???? Are we dealing with 3rd graders or
what? Anyway i might have to scoop one up!

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I also have a Logitech Rumblepad II (PS2 controller). Still I would really want one of these because they are light and get the job done. Its not like many games for the PC support rumble functions.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I used to love this controller, but this is like the super famicom controller as opposed to the supernes one......... anyway this controller was so small and holding it now seems so basic..... oh well the older famicom controllers/nes had a SPEAKER/MIC and THAT was cool!

loucipher

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Hello? Retroport anyone? They've been making this type of thing for years. You can get an adapter that lets you connect your original SNES/NES/Sega/Atari/Vectex/etc. pads to USB or Gamecube ports, and they also convert original controllers to USB. If you're really pining for some classic console controls on the PC, why get Buffalo's cheap knockoff, get the original pad updated.

loucipher

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
@phatboe: There's also an N64 retroport for N64->USB. Or, if you feel like spending $200 on a cable, there's always the occasional Adaptoid auction on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.