Super Talent Intros Storage POD Mini USB 3.0 External SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I just have to say it:

How do we know that the benchmark is this drive? At the end of the video, you clearly see that he was commenting on a QuickTime video. And he says Megabits (Mb) at the end of the video, but then Megabytes (MB). This was a goof on his part.

I just had to point these 2 things out. But, those reads and writes are probably spot on and is the actual drive.

Also, the Toms article says this drive will write up to 174 MB/s. Yet, the video clearly shows it writes up to 204 MB/s over USB 3.0. Just something else I'm pointing out :)

Cool little drives though. Wonder what pricing will be. Nothing on their website either.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Hmm.. Not sure if I should buy one to replace my aging LACiE 140GB drive.
Although it's speeds would be unused by me if I used it for college on their crappy computers. lol.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i have a few questions, not this article specificly for most, but good questions none the less.

i know read and write on a sata3 ssd will be lower, but will io operations be lower on a sata2 port?
through usb3 will the io operations take a big hit or not?
same question, but for usb2?

and take notice, nothing about speed, all io operations.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]And it costs?[/citation]
My thoughts exactly, probably one of this things that if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it thing.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
It's a fancy USB thumb drive. Is this newsworthy?

And they talk about how small it is, but it is really pretty big. Current SSD's are 2.5" but the measurements for this device are even bigger than that. If you are going to say something is new because it is so small, it should be smaller than current SSD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.