Super Talent USB 3.0 RAIDDrive is Super Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Superspeed? I want LUDICROUS SPEED! (you just know that's the next name they're going to use)

But seriously, that is an awesome drive. (and the market naming stuff is rather ridiculous, the should just use USB 3.0)

ereuter71

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
It will be interesting to see what speeds are actually achieved with this drive. I think the NAND read/write speed, particularly write, is currently the bottleneck even in USB 2 flash drives. The cheap NAND and controllers they use in most flash drives is lucky if they can write at 20 MB/s, which is well within USB 2 speeds.

brando56894

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
That is pretty sweet I was looking to get a new flash drive since I lost both of mine, and just by that speculated price the 32gb should be around $90 which isnt bad.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Drag0nR1der[/nom]Is this a news article or an advert?[/citation]
It would be an advert if they were providing links directly to supertalent's online store to purchase them. Quit whining.

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]kittle[/nom]interesting looking.but I smell a lawsuit somwhere in their future: http://www.superspeed.com/[/citation]

'SuperSpeed' was chosen by the USB standards body. I'm sure they did their due diligence before selecting it.

insaneclowngod

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]fuser[/nom]'SuperSpeed' was chosen by the USB standards body. I'm sure they did their due diligence before selecting it.[/citation]

+1

monicas

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
This looks very promising and can actually become very useful. The way I look at it is that with SSD's now becoming so cheap it makes perfect sense to simply carry your HD with you from PC to PC. Simply plug it in using USB 3.0 and go. Albeit an SSD isn't exactly portable, but it does offer the read write speeds to perfectly match up to the new USB specs.

Monica S
Los Angeles Computer Repair
http://www.sebecomputercare.com

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Can't wait until these go into full swing. Backing up my 100+GB files on an external hard drive at 16mb/s really makes me want it.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I want the SATA standard and the USB standard to find common ground/merge. No reason for 2 competing standards. 1 single backwards compatible all encompassing serial standard that provides speed and power should be implemented, at least until fiber optic/powered stuff becomes affordable (which Intel is working on).

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
yea, but can you play CRYSIS off of it? lol, jk. would make a nice Xmas present, so long s i can plug it into usb 2.0 only computers(aka 99.999% of them)

Mardy Matt

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
Ludicrous speed! hahaha, that's great. I think then all the thumb drives will come out in one colour: plaid. They've gone plaid! 200 MB/s, eh? That's out doing a lot of early SSDs already. Are we perhaps reaching an end to multiple interface motherboards, instead of having SATA, PCIe and PCI, will everything be run through a USB controller?

wira020

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Hope thats not just manufacturers claims...

[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Its awesome... but not very many people use 3.0 , so I dont see the point right now.[/citation]

The point is, it will push the new USB3.0 standard sooner... if no manufacturer starts producing these kind of things.. then who will?...

Glad to hear USB3.0 stuffs start popping out.. first discrete and integrated controller.. now the device to utilize it itself... hoping USB3.0 makes it to mainstream before my next pc build... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS