Super Talent's Shows Its Super Fast PCI-e SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What would be the price of the four-controller version? $500? $800? And what capacity does the eight-controller $1000 drive ship with?

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Just release the damn things already... Ive been waiting of some of these to actually be produced so that we can test them here at work. In our clusters, disk speed is our major bottle neck. Right now we are testing the Fusion IO, but those are just not economical in 100 node clusters. Although with faster disks, we might not need 100 nodes.

G

Wow,that's like load a complete movie to RAM in 0,5 seconds!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]lucuis[/nom]Unless it's boot able I am not really interested. Although props to the speed of that thing...damn.[/citation]

why not? bootable drives are awesome and all, but this would make for an even better media/apps drive

they should make really low sized/cheap SLC based SATA SSD's, maybe 10gb tops, and use these for all the apps and media and stuff since it is big. so your OS will boot fast, and your apps wont even sneeze. sounds like an unbeatable combo to me

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]lucuis[/nom]Unless it's boot able I am not really interested. Although props to the speed of that thing...damn.[/citation]
Unlike that IonDrive or whatever it was, this is simply an entire RAID solution on a card, including drives and SATA controllers. It should boot.

The IonDrive/IoDrive/whatever it was didn't have a SATA controller, so the BIOS wouldn't recognize it as a storage drive, thus it wouldn't boot.

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
If booting is the issue, couldn't they just put a SATA port on it to start the boot, then when in the OS the thing switches over to PCIe entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.