Support / Hotlines

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Support / Hotlines topic under Community section is being misunderstood.
I understand this topic as being for talk/bitching about software and hardware support but people are confusing it with a place to get support from the community for their problems.

I personally don't see the need for this topic at all. If it is going to be kept then I suggest a better description than simply "Support / Hotlines". Perhaps after the title you could hit return and be more descriptive on the next line. I have seen other bulletin boards that did this and I believe it would be a good idea to have this at Tom's also.the

The "opinions and experiences " header isn't being noticed by the posters.

OOPS. I should have posted this under Features. sorry

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
IMO There is a need for more detailed explanation on topics.

For what it's worth I still don't like the motherboard section subdivided into Individual manufacturers . The light bulb helps but I still fail to see the need.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
russell, I have been monitoring some of the more popular motherboard subforums, and they seem to draw good number of replies. So with the new feature, one can go specific, or look at the content from higher level (i.e. motherboard). I plan to run detailed stats in a while to see to what degree people drill down. Obviously the less popular mobo subforums can be folded back in at some point.