Question Surface Book 3 15in - Good For Casual Users?

Jun 16, 2020
How do you find the 15in SB3 fares when trying to read articles / browse the web / etc? Is it too big for that use case?

Im not looking to do heavy graphics work, apart from podcasting. Mainly intrigued by the fact that I can get office productivity work done from home on a 15in screen and then don't need a separate device to do my web browsing / reading from the couch.

Debating btw the 13.5 or 15in versions.

What do you think?

How do you find the 15in SB3 fares when trying to read articles / browse the web / etc? Is it too big for that use case?

Im not looking to do heavy graphics work, apart from podcasting. Mainly intrigued by the fact that I can get office productivity work done from home on a 15in screen and then don't need a separate device to do my web browsing / reading from the couch.

Debating btw the 13.5 or 15in versions.

What do you think?
Dunno, it's in the Macbook price range and that's a fight it's just not gonna win.

Reactions: Ardi488
Jun 16, 2020
Dunno, it's in the Macbook price range and that's a fight it's just not gonna win.

True, though it combines the tablet and pc experience in a slightly cheaper price, plus I wont be doing heavy content creation.

Also considering buying a top-shelf MacBook Air + iPad Pro, which comes out to around the same price as the Surface or MBP 16.

Just not sure how tablet experience on SB3 15in is.

True, though it combines the tablet and pc experience in a slightly cheaper price, plus I wont be doing heavy content creation.

Also considering buying a top-shelf MacBook Air + iPad Pro, which comes out to around the same price as the Surface or MBP 16.

Just not sure how tablet experience on SB3 15in is.
It’s windows, it’s not designed for a tablet and thus isn’t great. Why do you think macs don’t have a touchscreen? It’s dumb. Would go for the 13” pro over the air though.

Aug 30, 2020
Im a bit late here but i had the surface book 2, not the 3, and gaming and repair accessibility aside it was the best device ive ever owned. Get a warranty or protection plan, no pc repair shop can help you much if something happens lol.

For web browsing and streaming, the tablet detaching from the keyboard is a prayer answered. If it had a kickstand itd be even better (they make cases with them). It has the best touchscreen ive personally ever used. Extremely comfortable and responsive, the stylus they sell seperate is amazing. For browsing its 10/10 in my mind.

The 15 inch, which i used for design, browsing, streaming, gaming and everything inbetween, was perfect. Could be slightly brighter when outside, idk if the SB3 is brighter than the 2 or not. I could imagine the SB3s tablet in 13.5 inch is extremely comfortable, the 15 inch was able to be put on my elbow while i drew all over it with the stylus, never worrying about drops or breaks.

If youre older or you have poor eyesight, or generally have difficulty comfortably watching screens, i would say go to walmart/staples/best buy/costco etc, and try reading some of the display models in similar sizes. Would help you get a feel for what youre buying. Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS