Surprise! There Will be an Octa-core SoC Samsung Galaxy S5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
I'm pretty sure they got the specs wrong on the S3 AND S4 in this picture. The S3 has a dual core 1.5 Ghz CPU, and the S4 has a 5 in screen with a 1.9Ghz quad-core. Although, I guess there are quad core versions of the S3, I just have never seen them...

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Won't even provide the same CPU architecture for all its customers = LameCopy Apple fingerprint feature = LameMake a phone that's thicker and heavier with no revolution in phone experience or design = Lame

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
Samsung, Apple, Nokia, HTC, and others are not playing a contest for becoming the best innovator. They are in business to make money, the ultimate goal. If being lame can make money, it's not a sin. These days too many techie hobbyists are focused on being an INNOVATOR, not paying due attention to business aspect of the game. Sure, being innovative is one of the biggest traits to become a business leader, but not the only one or not necessarily sufficient.

airplanegeek

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Won't even provide the same CPU architecture for all its customers = LameCopy Apple fingerprint feature = LameMake a phone that's thicker and heavier with no revolution in phone experience or design = Lame
FYI. Android phones has fingerprint scanners before apple did

Awe, don't ruin a low-information Apple fangirl's ignorance of reality...they live in their own rose-colored world.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Awe, don't ruin a low-information Apple fangirl's ignorance of reality...they live in their own rose-colored world.
Apple invented the fingerprint scanner.Next year I hear they are coming out with something revolutionary called a TV which will let you watch digital images in your house.

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
My Galaxy S4 has provided me with nothing but constant lag since about a month after I got it. And the Snapdragon 600 gets hot doing basic tasks like web browsing!

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014

I pre orderd my phone from AT&T. I even got it before the official launch in black mist. It constantly freezes and I get at least one app crash a day.

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014

If you will note, the picture date is Jan 18, way before this post was ever started. If you look further down my profile, you will see more screenshots from my GS4.

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
Then why when I click on the link to it I get this message?
Could not locate remote server

You tried to access the address http://www.iphoneogram.com/u/22654370, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.
Check that the setup of any internet security software is correct and does not interfere with ordinary web browsing.
If you are behind a firewall on a Local Area Network and think this may be causing problems, talk to your systems administrator.
Try pressing the F12 key on your keyboard and disabling proxy servers, unless you know that you are required to use a proxy to connect to the internet. Reload the page.

I don't know why you are trying to argue that I don't have a Galaxy S4. It is unfortunately sitting in front of me.

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
I don't have an instagram, and if I did, I wouldn't post pictures of dogs and flowers. I am so sorry that you believe that the Galaxy S4 is a good phone. I hope you purchase one and get to experience it for two years like I do!

leeb2013

Honorable

They invented a picture of an Apple which adds $500 to any device.

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014

How is that LOL? It is called a 2 year contract which means that I am stuck with my GS4 for 2 years!

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014

If you don't own a Samsung and I do, why are you saying I am lying that my phone is bad?

KaiserPhantasma

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2013
WTF people this is the tomshardware forums not the yahoo comment sections, and here I was hoping for a "technical" discussion in the comment sections instead I read one of the oldest arguments of all time :/

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
S5 fail, the way I see it, it is only a Note 3 without the S-pen. The rumor before the real thing was released seems great and get my hopes high. But now, when the real thing come out, it is as ugly as the other things. Come on Samsung, enough with those similar design. I used to love ur productw, not anymore. I'm loving my Nexus now

Cool, and all the bickering above, iPhone is garbage except for people too dumb to use a more advanced OS, aka old people, etc, and hipsters who are always up apples arse. Android master race checking in, I approve this phone.

nuvon

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
If Android has finger print before Apple, why didn't they (Samsung) used that feature to unlock phone until Apple did? I am not against Android; it is Samsung that is the copy cat!!!

FirionRAzar

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I own the S4 i9505 and it has a 5" display with quad core. There was also shortly available the i9500 with octacore littleBIG chip. So where is the improvement in the S5??? Also I owned back in 2010 or something a MSI EX623 (something around 480 $) laptop with fingerprint reader, never saw a real use in that thing....so why does these phones cost so much???

Status
Not open for further replies.