Surround souns VS stereo for gaming

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
Msi B350 gaming plus with 7.1 sound
Now planning to get a headset for games like CS GO, battlefield, pubg, ring of elysium.

Question is what is the best for positionning enemies?
And is there a good budget headset?

that 7.1 is more for a speaker setup.

for games like that you want to use headphones.

this are really worth every price:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel Headset ($39.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $39.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-14 10:35 EDT-0400

and if u got a bigger budget:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Headphones: SteelSeries - Arctis 3 (Black) 7.1 Channel Headset ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $64.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-14 10:37 EDT-0400

What is your definition of budget? Some people that means 20 some it means 50. Also currency?

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
My budget is under 20€
Found some Sades (sa930, sa805, sa807, sa801, sa708 ) they are all discounted from 50'sh to 15-20€ range.
If you can help me and pick a goos surround of those.

I doubt you will get a Surround Sound headset for that price, at least ones that would be worth it. A friend bought the cheap Sades Spirit Wolf 7.1 headset and it worked at first but after a couple months half the time he cuts out or voice is distorted.

It would be better to save up and buy as suggest the Logitech G430

9ly7j6h9lwzz.jpg

These are all straight stereo gaming headsets,
dont expect any positional audio or 'real' surround sound.

They all connect via straight 3.5mm cable to pc so it is absolutely impossible to get proper positional audio.

The logitech & their ilk are usb connected & have hardware (& software) to process 5 or 7 channels into positional audio.
Its not perfect,its still not real surround sound,but its better than any of the cheap sades headsets will manage.

That said,for 20 euro those sades offer decent sound,have reasonable quality mic's built in & are ok for the money.

They are in no way surround sound headsets though even by the most vague of descriptions.
They are stereo headsets ,nothing more ,nothing less.

If youre running windows 10,you can enable winsonic surround audio in sound properties.(or pay for dolby atmos if you feel inclined)

This wont give you real positional audio,it wont give you an edge in games.
It will make stuff sound more immersive for the most part.

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
So, 1. Real surround = usb connection ( they include their sound card for surround effect)
2. I can run simulated surround effect with some software on a normal stereo headset.
3. I inspected Shroud , Grimmz ( top pubg players) they are using a 500€ 'STEREO' headset.

What about this one:
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B00XCDWLCM/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85Z%C3%95%C3%91&qid=1526472346&sr=8-17&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=sades+surround&dpPl=1&dpID=51EcdzLZN3L&ref=plSrch

^ no - you can't get 'real' surround from a stereo headset full stop.

That sades headset (even with a usb connection) does not show as a surround sound device, it shows as a stero headset with Mic same as the 3.5mm cabled ones.
They give you a disk with software that enables pseudo fake surround - it's likely worse than the winsonic drivers built into windows 10, be sure that at least attempts to split a 5.1 source audio & based on algorithms does a somewhat valid attempt to trick your ears into hearing some positional audio

All the sades are primarily the same,
They'ree €20 phones,they're not on offer , that's their normal price.

They probably sound decent enough for the money , they will not,give you positional audio,.

For that you need to spend way more money.