[SOLVED] Swapping O.S from an SSD to HDD so the SSD can be wiped clean

Ecomoney4

Reputable
Jun 5, 2017
Afternoon all!
I am in the process of selling an old gaming laptop. I used the Windows tool to reset the laptop to factory settings in an attempt to wipe my old sensitive data clean. Well as you all know that process truly doesn’t wipe the drives “clean” and when I actually went through the initial startup the HDD still had 400+Gigs worth of data on it. So my question is: my laptop has both a 256 GB SSD that has to OS installed on it, and a 1 TB HDD. I’ve read about programs that can “professionally wipe” a hard drive clean of everything so someone can’t find the old bits and restore the data. Can I swap the O.S to my HDD, download a program to wipe the SSD, transfer it back to the SSD and then wipe the HDD. That way I would feel comfortable with then proceeding with the sale of the laptop. So can this be done, how can I do it, and thanks for the info !!!
T

Solution
Make your factory disk set or usb flash drive and after you wipe the entire storage ensemble you can use that to load it back to the way it came from the factory.