Swapping out Kraken x61 fans with new ones

Solution
How do you know that I did not read your entire post? How do you know that I went straight to personally attack you? You don't. You personally felt bad about my comment directed at you so you went out of your way to decide that it was a personal attack. It wasn't. My comment was asking what was the need for your initial comment? After reading your whole comment I went to the link in the OP, there was plenty enough information in english that it wouldn't matter if it was a foreign site. Like you said the forums is to help the users, and by suggesting someone has to give a link to a 'english site' in order to have users 'want' to help you is not a smart statement either. I understand you weren't trying to offend the OP, you said...

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Not too offend. But, coming to a English forum and posting a link to another language website doesn't help us help you. The translate ability of chrome is limited at best.
When looking for fans for a radiator you want to look at details like static pressure. Most people go to the Corsair SP series fans. But, this entirely depends on your goal. The SP series has PWN, performance, and quiet edition. No, these fans are not the "best". But, being the best is subjective. To me they are the easiest to suggest because they are very popular and not ugly.

So, what do you want? really good at cooling? Quiet? We need details to really provide help of any sort.
I doubt those fans would really be an upgrade from the stock.

It appears either A.translation failed or B. that website has false information or an old version of those fans.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835129075

It seems these fans have much higher cfm on newegg. I still don't see anything about Static pressure for those fans and I'm not familiar with them.

zelollarn

Honorable
Feb 19, 2014

Sorry, I posted this thread on my phone, not the smartest.

I've been building this blue themed build, hence these fans, I bought 3 of them, got one in the back of my corsair 750D and was wondering if they're decent/gonna do a good job cooling or if it's way worse than the stock fans.

Sorry about the link, again, on the phone, didn't bother looking up an english site, my bad.

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Honestly what do you need translated on the foreign website? All you need is the name/model of the fan and you could honestly type that in less than 5 seconds in a new tab. The website being a different language doesn't change the name of the product nor does it change the fact that 140mm is the size, 25mm is the thickness, 1000RPM is obviously the rotational speed, 14,2 dB is the acoustic noise, and 64.8CFM is the amount of air moved per minute.

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

So, without reading my entire post; that I did comment on the fan that was viewed and the fact it was different from the version on other websites and that website did not include any other information. You decided to post just to attack me? Dude grow up. Post to help not target people or get off the forums.
My remark regarding the non-english website was simply a future reference in this case some information was visible. But, that may not be always. So, again. Go away.

Is there a way to block people on this forum?

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

like I noted to the other guy. It's not an issue. But, future reference from such a website it may be easier to copy certain information and post it with the link. I like to try to help. But, anyways from what I can tell that fan comes in various versions. You want a good blue fan it's really not that hard to actually paint a fant. tape it up with masking tape like anything and paint what parts you want. Fluorescent paints are also naturally UV reactive. So, if you have any type of UV light in the case then this would create a pleasant glow from the fans and whatever else you choose to paint. That gives you a much wider range of fans to choose from. Other than that here's what I'd suggest...
Note: I have no idea what sites you can order from so I'm just posting model information.
Corsair: Air Series SP140 LED Blue
Bitfenix: Spectre pro LED Blue
BGears B-PWM 140mm x 25mm High Static Pressure PWM LED Fan - 1800 RPM - Translucent Blue (found that on frozencpu.com)
Gelid Solutions Wing 14 UV Blue 140mm High Performance Case Fan

There's a few here and there. Most seem to be LED. I've never used 140mm for a radiator they appear more difficult to find in diversity. I prefer my 120, although I suppose if you like less noise and have the place then 140mm is great!

A few sites you can get stuff for lighting. All kinds.
http://mnpctech.com/pc-led-lights/
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g6/Lighting.html

Other websites used:
http://www.quietpc.com/140mmfans

I almost forgot I did go to their website and it looks like that blue fan you picked out has decent static pressure. So, it could work getting some. But, at 16 bucks a piece I'd be choosey.
http://www.aerocool.us/accessory/images/dsfan_14blue.html

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
How do you know that I did not read your entire post? How do you know that I went straight to personally attack you? You don't. You personally felt bad about my comment directed at you so you went out of your way to decide that it was a personal attack. It wasn't. My comment was asking what was the need for your initial comment? After reading your whole comment I went to the link in the OP, there was plenty enough information in english that it wouldn't matter if it was a foreign site. Like you said the forums is to help the users, and by suggesting someone has to give a link to a 'english site' in order to have users 'want' to help you is not a smart statement either. I understand you weren't trying to offend the OP, you said that in your comment, but if something is going to sound offensive maybe you shouldn't say it in the first place. Thankfully the OP wasn't offended. All I did was tell you my opinion and the fact that a different language website does not matter when every important information is in english. Maybe if the OP link was completely impossible to figure out like if it was in chinese, japanese, or korean language and there was no useful information at all I would have understood.

I understood the information is different from other websites from newegg, but maybe the OP was going to buy from the original link anyway. Obviously without asking the OP no one would know for sure. Your comment might be okay for future references but can you suggest that people won't help a member because something is in a foreign language?

You're taking things way to personal and acting like a child with hurt feelings. I'm here to get help from people and help others that need the help. I'm not going to 'go away' because some member said so due to one comment I made in relation to a comment that I thought was unnecessary. Maybe I need to say that my comments are meant to offend people in the post like you do too. Seriously, blocking a person on a forum because of one comment directed at you that contested your post? Geez....

Anyway to the OP, sorry for getting the topic messy just had to make a reply to the other member. Like gamerxavier said it all depends on what you feel is more important. Is the fans for the radiator being quiet the most important, the aesthetic looks, or the cooling performance the priority. Like I might have said previously for sound levels you want to look at the dB level, the lower the better as far as having quiet fans and the bearing of the fan are important for sound levels also. 30 dB is about the level of a whisper as in talking. If aesthetics is more important than honestly your opinion is most important. For performance you will want to look at the CFM levels but more importantly high static pressure fans will be what you want. It's a bit harder to find the static pressure of the fan and it may require googling or asking someone to google the answers for you.

The Aerocool DS 140mm (from your link) shows it has a dBa level of 14.2 which is pretty low in my opinion. It will be very quiet. The CFM is a decent level too at 64.8. As this fan is for using with your Kraken x61 you want to find the static pressure performance of the fan more than the RPM level. Yeah 1000RPM isn't that much but if it has a high static pressure than it won't matter if the RPM is low. The Aerocool DS seems like a good fan for airflow in a case but until I find the static pressure numbers I don't know if I can recommend them for using as a radiator fan.

.:edit:.

Okay the 140mm AeroCool DS fans have 1.21 mm H2O (static pressure) using 12v at 1000RPM while they have a .74 mm H2O using 7V at 700RPM. 1.21 isn't the highest static pressure fan out there. The SP140 in comparison runs at a higher RPM of 1450 but only has 1.17mm h2o static pressure and is louder at 29dBA. On the other hand the Aerocool has a lower RPM, runs quieter, yet has the same pressure. The Aerocool being 140mm and the compared fan being 120mm is one of the reasons for the difference though.

At least compared to the SP140 (that I looked at) the fan you showed seems to be better. I can't really find fans that are good with radiators and have a blue colorway to fit your build. In a pure performance perspective these Akasa fans might be better.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13925/fan-905/Akasa_140mm_x_25mm_Apache_Black_Super_Silent_PWM_Fan_w_Hydro_Dynamic_Bearings_-_Black_AK-FN062.html

Anyway they will perform better than Corsair's 140mm Static Pressure fans (not that corsair has the best) additionally the fans are quiet and fit your PC's colorway so I don't have any objects of you using the Aerocool DS for the X61

Solution

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

How could you take that post as a personal attack? You must be a sensitive little flower..:??:

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

It's the idea that he completely ignored the OP and only replied to me. It was useless and irrelevant. I really don't come here to deal with people like that.
I offered advice. Other people don't like it so they attack my advice instead of offering their own. Pointless.

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

Your here to help people. Yet you only posted in reply to me. It was completely useless reply. It had nothing to do with helping the OP.
If someone was offended by that then that's their problem. My comment was for the idea that we try to help a lot of people on these forums. Trying to read different languages makes that more difficult. I'm sure some are less likely to help in such a case. But, not once did I say nobody would. As quite obviously help has come.

Funny thing now that I already posted everything about those fans and others you decide to post a reply about them.
Okay, back to ignoring this forum.

Where do you see the 1.21 static pressure on those DS fans?
I already linked their website it shows 1.92 at max... specs are on the bottom of their website.
http://www.aerocool.us/accessory/images/dsfan_14blue.html

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Ugh here we go again...My original post wasn't to attack you, you reply with a personal attack, and once again you attack me even for helping the OP....Is this because the OP selected my post as the answer?

The reason I go into other people's post is to see what kind of problem/question they have and to see if I can answer them. I came into this post expecting to do the same thing. Then I read your post. Although it wasn't personally that offensive I thought that it could technically be offensive to me or other people. So I shared my thoughts on your comment. While doing that coincidentally I freaken forgot about answering the OPs question because one I thought your post was somewhat unneeded and stupid and two I was waiting to see your reply. Am I not allowed mistakes, am I not allowed to forget what I was originally here for?

I wasn't expecting a furious reaction of yours. How is my post any different from yours? How is it if someone feels offended by your post it's their problem and then you feel that you have to retaliate to a post that offends you? Obviously people are limited to what language they read even if translating software is here. If you feel it's a hassle to briefly check if there is useful information (in english) in a foreign website then that is your problem and the limit of your effort to helping a person.

And once again you amaze me again thinking I helped the OP because of you. Do you think I would have continued to read your post after your rant on me? I finally helped the OP because I remembered I originally came to this post to help the op. I got sidetracked by your comment which is why I made a reply to your rant to get whatever I had to say out of my system and then help the OP.

Now to the question where I got the 1.21 number. I honestly can't find where I found that number (but I'm searching through my history so i can prove I didn't post some random number). Obviously you know that there are several different models of this fan, you even said that. I would say that the 1.21 is for the version that the OP showed us with the 1000RPM. I swear I got the number from the aerocool website itself but it doesn't seem like it now. I'll edit this post with the link once I find it again.

.:edit:.

Found it! I got the 1.21 mm h2o from Aerocool's Australian website. The Australian version is the one that was in the OP's original link and has a max 12v RPM of 1000 and the 7V RPM of 700.

http://www.aerocoolaustralia.com.au/index.php/fan/ds/79-fan/ds-fan/1135-ds-fan-blue-edition-14cm-specs

Now to the OP. Sorry for your thread being derailed once again. Maybe I shouldn't reply but whatever. This is my last reply to gamerxavier that aren't about helping you. Like you've seen there are different versions of the Aerocool DS 140 fan. If you're living in the US/Canada and buying from a US/Canada store than you are going to be getting the US/Canada version. The US/Canada version has an 1500RPM/93.4CFM/1.98 mm h2o/23.4dba @12v and 1100RPM/71.2CFM/1.41 mm h2o/15.5dba @7v. If you are living in sweden or buying from the website you linked us then you're going to get the Australian or non US/Canada version which has the specs of my previous post. Whichever one you get they will be pretty nice fans for your radiator. I personally like the looks of the fan and you do too so it seems like a good choice like I said previously. Good luck on your choice and your setup