Question "Sweet Spot" memory "settings" for my Ryzen 7 3700x build?

codemilly

Commendable
Jun 28, 2021
I currently have 2 sticks of G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x8 (F4-3800C16-8GTZN 8GB ) for a total of 16GB. I was planning on turning on XMP/DOCP but I'm scared because I actually don't know what to do.
Instead, I'm planning on "manually" changing my speed to the sweet spot of 3200Mhz because Ryzen 7 3700x's System Memory is up to 3200Mhz. What "settings"/"timings" should I do for my build because I really have no idea what to do and I really want to utilize my RAM more. What should I change on the BIOS settings and such?

Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS WIFI (and Bluetooth)

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x Cooler: Wraith Prism RGB (The stock cooler)

Case Fans: Darkflash DR12 Pro (x3)

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 1070 OC 8GB

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3800 CL16 (XMP/DOCP still not enabled)

PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX 80+ Gold 750W

SSD (Boot): Samsung 870 EVO 500GB

SSD (Storage) Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Monitor: ASUS ROG PG248Q

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
3600 is the "sweet spot" for ryzen for the most part. this does not mean it will not run at other speeds. i have ryzen systems with 3200 ram and 3600 ram and both run fine.

go into bios and turn on xmp and let it reboot. most likely it will boot right up and not be a problem.

if it won't boot, then you can worry about manually setting it to slower speed/timings

you bought ram designed to run at 3800, so let it do its job :)

codemilly

Commendable
Jun 28, 2021
Also check to see if you have the latest BIOS as that may improve results.

Slots A2 B2 should be populated

Let us know how it goes.
UPDATE: Ok, so I used the DOCP Profile but what happened is that it just turned off a few times trying to POST until it went to the "American Megatrends" setup screen due to "instability". Had to set the DOCP Profile to Default so it would POST properly.

FYI, my CPU's Ryzen 7 3700x.
No description available.
iu

UPDATE: Ok, so I used the DOCP Profile but what happened is that it just turned off a few times trying to POST until it went to the "American Megatrends" setup screen due to "instability". Had to set the DOCP Profile to Default so it would POST properly.

FYI, my CPU's Ryzen 7 3700x.
No description available.
iu
I noticed that you have an very old BIOS version, upgrade it to newest. Lots of improvements since then.

Reactions: Unolocogringo

TRENDING THREADS