switch from acpi to standard pc

murad_4

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
I don't know where to post this question so i hope it's the right forum.
how to switch from acpi to standard pc ?! I'm running Windows 7 32bit on new gigabyte Ga-b150m- hd3 motherboard with Bios F20 version, micron crucial DDR4 2133/4G Ram, intel Pentium Processor G4560 3.5Ghz 3M cache.
Appreciate your help
Murad

murad_4

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
I use this pc to run a cnc machine and it has some problems with kernel speed, my old pc was running on Windows xp sp3 and i used 2 parallel port (one on motherboard and additional pci parallel card) to communicate with the cnc breakout board, i used 25000hz kernel speed on mach3 software.... now I'm running Windows 7 32bit with 2 parallel port (pci Express and pci card), with 25000hz kernel speed the machine move slowly, so i raised the kernel speed to 45000hz the speed is fine but the motion not smooth as with old pc ... So someone on cnc forum suggest me to switch from Acpi to standard pc ...and I don't know how to do that ... Any suggestions are welcome.
Appreciate your help

Nov 13, 2018
I assume your using Mach 3, ts a common problem. I have it too as I am loosing steps. I think what your trying to do is to go to control panel, and from there to devices. under the computer tab at the top, if you expand it you will see the ACPI driver. you can select it and disable it. The problem here is that is the link widows has to many hardware functions like sleep mode and advanced power management. Temperature sensing, fan speeds ect.
I would maybe try to go in to power management and select "high performance" and the always on settings maybe that will help.
Its also possible to go into your BIOS at start up and disable ACPI but again this can cause other problems on your PC.

I think in the end you and me are going to end up buying a better CNC controller.
I'm thinking about the Acorn board from Centroid.
I've also heard that the smooth stepper boards use ethernet jacks for communication and that is supposed to be much better than USB or parallel.

Hope any of this helps.