[SOLVED] Switching from GTX 1080ti to GTX 3090

Solution
Thank you for replying so fast. Is there any potential for bottle necking with any of the other components?
I was going to mention that....I think the 7700k might be a little weak for it....but I think it will run fine. You might find you're maxing out the CPU in certain games and if so...you could upgrade the CPU....but you don't have to do that right away...it will run.

domjam

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
from what others have said on my thread the i7 7700k will be a bottleneck but only if your aiming for like 200fps + if your happy with vsync and 60fps at 4k you will be fine. your system is very similer to mine. only difrence is I have an asus maximus ix formula,16gb of ram and an 850watt PSU...cpu might become a problem much later though since the the consoles are going to be on 6 core 18 thread. i dont see it being a serious issue till 2022 though. as its going to take quites some time for it to mature to normal standards

Last edited:
Reactions: PeanutGenie

PeanutGenie

Reputable
Jun 2, 2016
from what others have said on my thread the i7 7700k will be a bottleneck but only if your aiming for like 200fps + if your happy with vsync and 60fps at 4k you will be fine. your system is very similer to mine. only difrence is I have an asus maximus ix formula,16gb of ram and an 850watt PSU...cpu might become a problem much later though since the the consoles are going to be on 6 core 18 thread. i dont see it being a serious issue till 2022 though. as its going to take quites some time for it to mature to normal standards
thank you for the comment

PeanutGenie

Reputable
Jun 2, 2016

Thank you for your help