Switching used hard drive and ram in to used laptop

Lectro

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
So I have a 500gb hard drive that I want to replace with a 750gb hard drive. The hard drives both have windows 8 and up and are used. The 750gb hd is from an Acer Aspire V3-551; that will go into a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. The laptops are used and the Acer is broken.

I am replacing the hd's because the data on my Dell hd is corrupted and the Acer hd isn't.

I'm also replacing the ram because I would rather have 8gb of ram instead of 4.

Question is:

how do go about switching hard drives with install of Windows without damaging computer or hard drives?

I know how to take a hd out and put it in to another computer, but can I just do that or do I have to install something before doing that or something?

Another question about hard drive:

I am unable to factory reset my Dell laptop and I can't uninstall or install programs. I think hd is corrupted.

How do i fix this.

Solution
NM, I have solved my first problem by looking at another thread (used laptop hd to desktop, or something like that). Hopefully the extra 4gb of ram helps with solving my other problem; hd (hard drive) corruption problem.

Lectro

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
NM, I have solved my first problem by looking at another thread (used laptop hd to desktop, or something like that). Hopefully the extra 4gb of ram helps with solving my other problem; hd (hard drive) corruption problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS