SY-K7VTA Pro 1.0 boot problems -HELP!!!

After getting a new barebones and moving over a Athlon XP - 2100
processor, on boot up the flash screen comes up and never goes on. The
DEL or F1 does not work. Keyboard can be unplugged or plugged in and
no errors. I do get a CMOS check sum error - Defaults loaded, but that
is all. I can't do update BIOS because I can't get that far. Tech
support doesn't answer. Anyone have any ideas? (New 350 watt power
supply came with case). I have nothing but 3 1/4 drive and HD hooked
up with video card as it has no on board video.
I am wondering if the new motherboard is bad, but since tech support
doesn't answer I thought I'd try here first.
Thanks.

Try clearing the CMOS (page 12 in the manual for instructions)

dm-----@sentex.net (Dennis Mullin) wrote in message news:<413602de.4005899@news.sentex.net>...
> Try clearing the CMOS (page 12 in the manual for instructions)
>
> On 1 Sep 2004 09:14:32 -0700, iceman@dogcowsoft.com (larryg) wrote:
>
> >After getting a new barebones and moving over a Athlon XP - 2100
> >processor, on boot up the flash screen comes up and never goes on. The
> >DEL or F1 does not work. Keyboard can be unplugged or plugged in and
> >no errors. I do get a CMOS check sum error - Defaults loaded, but that
> >is all. I can't do update BIOS because I can't get that far. Tech
> >support doesn't answer. Anyone have any ideas? (New 350 watt power
> >supply came with case). I have nothing but 3 1/4 drive and HD hooked
> >up with video card as it has no on board video.
> >I am wondering if the new motherboard is bad, but since tech support
> >doesn't answer I thought I'd try here first.
> >Thanks.

I cleared CMOS and also unplugged all devices other than 31/4 drive.
Got to bios set up now. Now i BSOD on the installation of the
harddrive. That is the next step in this work. thanks.