[SOLVED] synaptics pointing device driver?

v312214124123

Reputable
May 20, 2019
Hello, after doing a clean reset on my windows 10 pro desktop, I noticed an unfimilar program in my installed apps, (I found this installed 5 minutes after the fresh installation has been completed)
View: https://imgur.com/a/g5tP1OZ
"synaptics pointing device driver", and I am also unable to remove this aswell, keep in mind i'm pretty sure the synapics pointing device driver is meant for laptops and trackpads, which I dont use either. When I try to uninstall I get this error, View: https://imgur.com/a/kUlQJSC

Solution
If it's there immediately after a reset there is virtually zero reason to be worried about it.

I cannot tell anyone what they should or should not feel, but based upon what's been offered and shown here there's no assistance to be given because none is necessary. This is the configuration that, for whatever mysterious reason, Windows 10 believes is needed/optimal and Microsoft certainly isn't loading malware.

It's a quirk, and that's all it is.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Notice "Reset" was used, which is not an entirely clean install.

There are a bunch of things that shouldn't be there after a successful Reset, whether the keep nothing or keep my files option is selected.

In the final analysis, whatever was done, it was neither a successful Reset or Completely Clean Install.

v312214124123

Reputable
May 20, 2019
Sorry for not being clear, this was a reset, but I chose remove everything, which it did, the apps that are installed you see here aside from (synaptics pointing device) I manually installed after the reset.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
There could be a number of reasons for this being there. Feel free to remove it, run a scan with your antivirus/security suite, then keep an eye on whether it comes back.

What mouse do you actually have? If it's one of the "high tech 30 button" ones [forgive the hyperbole] it could be that Windows found this as "the closest match" in the great driver library in the sky that they have.

This is not something that I would be overly concerned about if it's been there since you fired up from the Reset.

v312214124123

Reputable
May 20, 2019
There could be a number of reasons for this being there. Feel free to remove it, run a scan with your antivirus/security suite, then keep an eye on whether it comes back.

What mouse do you actually have? If it's one of the "high tech 30 button" ones [forgive the hyperbole] it could be that Windows found this as "the closest match" in the great driver library in the sky that they have.

This is not something that I would be overly concerned about if it's been there since you fired up from the Reset.
Hello, thank you so much for the fast reply, I use a razer death adder elite, it has 2 side buttons, but, I am unable to remove it as shown in the second screen shot. Should I do a clean reset again but this time check the option "remove everything and clear hard drive" ?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
What I'm saying is I wouldn't lose sleep and I really wouldn't bother doing much of anything if all seems to be well and none of your security software is picking up anything.

There can be mismatches for drivers and control programs for devices when an exact match cannot be located, but what can be found is "good enough." This sort is unusual, but not unheard of.

I personally think it's just that sort of fluke. Others may differ. You will have to proceed based on what your own gut is telling you.

And if you want to actually start entirely afresh then do a completely clean reinstall rather than a reset, as a reset is an "almost, but not quite" clean install.

Doing a completely clean reinstall:

a) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File

b) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive

v312214124123

Reputable
May 20, 2019
What I'm saying is I wouldn't lose sleep and I really wouldn't bother doing much of anything if all seems to be well and none of your security software is picking up anything.

There can be mismatches for drivers and control programs for devices when an exact match cannot be located, but what can be found is "good enough." This sort is unusual, but not unheard of.

I personally think it's just that sort of fluke. Others may differ. You will have to proceed based on what your own gut is telling you.

And if you want to actually start entirely afresh then do a completely clean reinstall rather than a reset, as a reset is an "almost, but not quite" clean install.

Doing a completely clean reinstall:

a) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File

b) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive
Hello, i've tried doing a clean reset again this time checking "clear hard drive" aswell, this took hours to complete, the moment the windows 10 finished installing, this is my appwiz, the program is still there. View: https://imgur.com/a/v5kvPGQ

v312214124123

Reputable
May 20, 2019

v312214124123

Reputable
May 20, 2019
I noticed a couple threads with this installing after a windows 10 fresh installaion, but I am still unable to understand why! I really cant wrap my head around this, but I appreciate all the replies so far.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
If it's there immediately after a reset there is virtually zero reason to be worried about it.

I cannot tell anyone what they should or should not feel, but based upon what's been offered and shown here there's no assistance to be given because none is necessary. This is the configuration that, for whatever mysterious reason, Windows 10 believes is needed/optimal and Microsoft certainly isn't loading malware.

Solution

v312214124123

Reputable
May 20, 2019

Thank you so much for the closure, I uninstalled it with revo uninstaller (it had remaining files in the registry as shown above, it is no longer in my installed applications. I should be good now. Again thank you and everyone for the replies.

Last edited: