[SOLVED] Synology mediaserver

Jan 7, 2021
Hello,
I have my nas connected to accesspoint upstairs and everything works fine, but when i go down to basement where my router is i can find the nas but not the mediaserver.
DHCP is of on access point, tried give ap and nas static ip.
same submask
same ssid on router and ap
same ip range, 192.168.10.xxx on all connected devices both upstairs and basement

Please see pictures what i mean.

UPSTAIRS PICTURE, mediaserver showing correct
1609957872_SnBFX.jpg

BASEMENT PICTURE: no UPnP (mediaserver), only fpt and smb
1609957846_zlXNG.jpg

Solution
My access point is netgear nighthawk r7000 and my nas is connected to it with wire. I only stream from nas via wifi with no problem done it for several years. And my router is something that i got from my internet provider, Technicolor TG799.

What is strange is that I find the NAS and can access it from the basement via router, but that just upnp is not found is a bit strange
UPNP is not relevant to LAN. It is only for opening ports in WAN firewall. It must be a configuration problem on the R7000. I would start with a factory reset on the R7000 and reconfiguration as an access point.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,
I have my nas connected to accesspoint upstairs and everything works fine, but when i go down to basement where my router is i can find the nas but not the mediaserver.
DHCP is of on access point, tried give ap and nas static ip.
same submask
same ssid on router and ap
same ip range, 192.168.10.xxx on all connected devices both upstairs and basement

Please see pictures what i mean.

UPSTAIRS PICTURE, mediaserver showing correct
1609957872_SnBFX.jpg

BASEMENT PICTURE: no UPnP (mediaserver), only fpt and smb
1609957846_zlXNG.jpg
You didn't provide any info on what network hardware you are using (make and model). Tough to help without basic info.
Also your performance will be poor if you have your NAS connected via WIFI .

Jan 7, 2021
My access point is netgear nighthawk r7000 and my nas is connected to it with wire. I only stream from nas via wifi with no problem done it for several years. And my router is something that i got from my internet provider, Technicolor TG799.

What is strange is that I find the NAS and can access it from the basement via router, but that just upnp is not found is a bit strange

kanewolf

Titan

UPNP is not relevant to LAN. It is only for opening ports in WAN firewall. It must be a configuration problem on the R7000. I would start with a factory reset on the R7000 and reconfiguration as an access point.

Solution
Are you sure you have the R7000 set as an access point? Seems like you're double NAT'd.

The ethernet cable needs to be connected from a switch port of the Technicolor router to the 4 port switch of the R7000, NOT THE WAN PORT. Ensure that the DHCP is turned off on the R7000.

Reactions: SamirD