System BSOD/ Hardware Malfunctions

Feb 17, 2018
Hay Guys I'm at a loss now,

My problems started when windows 7 auto upgraded to windows 10. My rig wouldn't be able to restart and load back into windows. After a long, long disscussion with Microsoft they determoned my ASUS Nvidia GTX 570 was not compatable with Windows 10, as well as my monitors dirvers did not support 10. So after a lot of just dealing with it I finally replaced my Graphics Card with a ASUS GTX 1080 Ti, and my monitor with a ASUS PG348Q.

After installing the New Card, ive had a ton of BSOD which forced me to "Reset" Widows (took 3 attempts). My BSOD errors ranged from:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
KERNEL_SECUTITY_CHECK_FAILURE
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

I beleve alot of this has to do the the "Kernel Enhanced Driver", but asus dosen't have any new versions available. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. I also downloaded and reinstalled every available driver from asus.com

I've installed REGCUREPRO and REIMMAGE to fix any remaining windows issues sense windows isnt able to fix its self in my case. Now the BSOD has become rare. maybe once in 2 weeks time. however games like WOW crash all the time.

When my computer get restarted my ASUS Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti gets automatically disabled by windows, and a defult CPU baised driver is utilized. So, I have to reinstall it, restart and its good. but if i restart my computer again it kicks my GPU back to Disabled in Device Manager.

I'd love to find the cause of the GPU becoming disabled, as well as the system crashes so i can return to using my computer normally. Does anyone have any ideas? I've been leaning tward the opinion that i simply have some hardware or driver inconpatablity ether in windows 10 or between the relationship between the mobo and the gpu. or maybe its the Kernel Enhanced driver (OSD). but if i unstall it my system becomes unstable, so it seems it required... IDK...

My rig:
INTEL i7 2700K @4.2Ghz OC
ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
INTEL 520 240GB SSD (System is loaded on this one)
1.5 TB WesternDigital Black
Corsair Vengance 16GB (4GBx4) @ 1600
Corsair HX1050
ASUS Nvidia GTX 1080 TI (Replaced a ASUS Nvidia GTX 570)
Corsair Hydro H100
4 120mm Gentle Typhoon's
ASUS PG348Q
ASUS MX279X
Sennheiser GSX 1000 W/ GSP 600

Feb 17, 2018
I've done some ram trouble shooting, I've pulled them out, moved them around, cleared cmos, and ran a program to see if the ram would crash under load. but they didn't. also to note, those crashes basically stopped when i reset windows. only one that occasionally remains is the kernel error, and if i understand it correctly Nvidia is having trouble with the kernel driver?

I'm happy to run some more ram tests, any favored programs you know of that are reliable?

Feb 17, 2018
I just finished running memtest pro for the last 3 hours and turned up 0 errors... the first window tested to 870% while the other widows windows 270% respectively. Ill run the program through the night and see if it turned up anything different. Do you have any other ideas or tests that could provide some useful information. I could provide the system crash dump information. I don't really understand what it is that I'm looking for in those files.

Feb 17, 2018
I did add a new mouse... a 12000 DPI corseair gaming mouse. I notice those articles keep referring to a bad pointer could cause those errors too. I'd never heard of a bad pointer. Interestingly enough my new mouse wasn't functioning when I got home from work today. In Device manager the mouse is disabled due to malfunction. says there are no compatible drivers for the device. but i was working just fine for 2 weeks.

also when i restarted, despite the mouse not working, the GPU stopped working because it reported problems (code 43).

I will try to use that driver verifier tomorrow when i have more time.

Feb 17, 2018
So, it seems the new mouse was most of the problems. Got rid if the pointer and disabled the kernel driver. My system is much more stable now, and hasn't crashed in quite some time. also my gpu hasn't been stopped by windows sense I removed the mouse. The usb devices now don't recognize some items that they use to though. I believe the mouse corrupted those drivers.

Thanks CountMike for steering me in the right direction.