[SOLVED] System compatibility

revolver566

Honorable
Jul 7, 2015
Hello, I'm looking to build a new PC but its been a while since I last built one.
I've assembled a list of parts that I believe will keep me pretty future proof but hopefully someone will be able to let me know if this looks good or if there are better choices/compatibility issues.

CPU - intel i7 10700K
MoBo - Gigabyte Z490 Auros Elite AC LGA
RAM - G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 3600
GPU - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 (when available)
Case - CoolerMaster MasterBox MB520
Power Supply - Gigabyte GP-P850GM 850W PSU
Storage - Western Digital Black SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB SSD
Western Digital Black 7200RPM 2TB HDD
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L

Please let me know what you think, I don't have a fixed budget really, but don't want to be spending heaps more cash than necessary (if that makes sense).
System will be used for a variety of games (I play a little bit of pretty much everything) with a LG Ultra Gaming 1440p 144hz monitor.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Those look pretty good, but maybe consider going for a 5th gen Ryzen CPU, as they seem to consistently outperform Intel in literally every way. Even the $250 5600X outperforms the 10900K. That'd also save you some cash on the motherboard in all likelyhood. Most everything else looks fine, but that AIO is pretty low-end, you might want to consider spending an extra 30 bucks or so on a higher quality one.

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Those look pretty good, but maybe consider going for a 5th gen Ryzen CPU, as they seem to consistently outperform Intel in literally every way. Even the $250 5600X outperforms the 10900K. That'd also save you some cash on the motherboard in all likelyhood. Most everything else looks fine, but that AIO is pretty low-end, you might want to consider spending an extra 30 bucks or so on a higher quality one.

Solution

revolver566

Honorable
Jul 7, 2015

Thanks for the advice! Just looked at the 5600X and think that will be the way I go. Only trouble being I'm in the UK and looks like there's currently no UK stock. But I think it'll be a long wait before I can get hold of the 3080 anyway. Also correct in saving money on the motherboard. Thank you!
Any personal recommendations on a better AIO? or just anything that's higher quality?

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Thanks for the advice! Just looked at the 5600X and think that will be the way I go. Only trouble being I'm in the UK and looks like there's currently no UK stock. But I think it'll be a long wait before I can get hold of the 3080 anyway. Also correct in saving money on the motherboard. Thank you!
Any personal recommendations on a better AIO? or just anything that's higher quality?
No problem! Yeah, the new Ryzen sold out really fast, but it should be restocked soon, if not before the 3080. Any higher quality AIO will do, Corsair and NZXT spring to mind. You could also go with the stock cooler on the 5600X, as it's able to handle it unless you want to overclock.