Question System crash with monitor goes to stand by mode

Nov 13, 2020
Hello.
I have an old system.

I7 4790 K
WIN 10
16 GB RAM
And a respectable ASUS RX 480 8GB overclocked by the factory. Which is obviously not the best and newest graphic card in the world anymore, but it still runs new demanding games like Death Stranding, Red Dead Redemption, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc pretty well.
I have no problem with the games I mentioned above at all. Even in highest settings which puts the highest pressure or load on the system. My problem is with games that are not AAA. Indies or games from smaller companies. games like The Pathless, Pacer or Mortal Shell.
Sometimes in some games like them, specially in their earlier builds and before lots of patches and updates released for them, the moment I click on the exe and even before seeing the logos and main menu, the system crashes, my monitor goes to stand by mode, and my graphic card fans begin to work at full speed. I have no other choice but to manually and with my finger press and hold the power button to turn the system off and turn it on again.
And this problem only happens to me. When i read and talk to other people in gaming forums, they say they run the game fine. even with a weaker system compared to mine. The game might run like crap or buggy or with low fps for them but it runs at least. and I usually have to wait for months for patches to get released to try it again.
And I've noticed this might be a fps limit problem. usually it happens when the game has no fps limiter or it is set to unlimited by default. it's like it instantly puts a very huge stress on my system and makes it run with a super high fps. but I may be mistaking.
I'd rather to receive an error or have a bad performance, instead of these stupid crashes.
so what do you guys suggest? any help will be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Nov 13, 2020
^Green 750 Watt.
I have it for quiet a few years now.
But doubt if that's the problem. I put the most demanding AAA games at ultra settings and there's no such crash at all.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS