[SOLVED] System crashes during the windows startup logo screen

m.youaan2002

Reputable
Feb 4, 2018
Ok so I've started my pc after some months since I just got a graphics card but it seems that my pc won't load past the windows logo screen doesn't matter what I do I've checked bios, reseated the ram and cmos battery, tried different hard drives with windows 10 (my primary win) and even windows 7 and xp nothing seems to work, when installing new windows to drive after the installing windows (5 part thing) is done and it asks for restart windows boots up to win logo screen then it says your pc ran into a problem, error 000021a ...it was fine the last time I used it never had any issues as such..my specs are xeon x3440, 4gb ddr3 1333mhz ram, r5 240 1gb ddr3 (it is to notice that this is the only new component I've added)

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information(Windows 7/XP versions).

Verify that the pc only has 4 GB RAM

Installing Windows - what do you mean by "5 part thing"?

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Ok so I tried installing windows 10 on my laptop hard drive and then after that I tried it on my pc's hard drive and it somehow worked, I really don't understand how and why maybe my hard drive was causing the issue because it is extremely old about 4500 working hours on it, might die on me any moment now, its working fine but slow as expected for now but I bought a samsung evo ssd to use as my main boot drive.... and I do have 4gb ram and I was...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information(Windows 7/XP versions).

m.youaan2002

Reputable
Feb 4, 2018

Ok so I tried installing windows 10 on my laptop hard drive and then after that I tried it on my pc's hard drive and it somehow worked, I really don't understand how and why maybe my hard drive was causing the issue because it is extremely old about 4500 working hours on it, might die on me any moment now, its working fine but slow as expected for now but I bought a samsung evo ssd to use as my main boot drive.... and I do have 4gb ram and I was trying to install windows 10 and my old install of it wasn't working..my PSU is of a local brand but it is 600w and only 1 year old so it shouldn't be that big of a problem ... I guess hard drive was the main issue

Solution

TRENDING THREADS