Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
My system:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
Mobo: Asus Tuf Gaming B550M-Plus Wi-Fi
Windows 11

Gen3 ssd: Sabrent Rocket 512GB
Gen4 ssd: Kingston KC3000 1TB

So I have an ssd on my PCI-e 3.0 slot and been using it without problems.

I bought a Gen4 ssd for PCI-e 4.0 slot and installed it. I moved Steam and steam games to that drive but sometimes I'm having system hiccups for a few seconds randomly. Although they are extremely rare while browsing, while checking folders etc.

For example when I open CS:GO it freezes for a few seconds on the main menu. Both the game and Steam is in the new drive.

I changed BIOS nvme setting from auto to Gen4. I couldn't find any other options.

BIOS, chipset drivers, ssd drivers, gpu drivers and windows 11 all up to date.

What do you think is the problem?

Thanks for your answers.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you specify which board from Asus B550 lineup you have? I'm seeing a couple of SKU's with the B550 chipset under the TUF moniker. For the sake of relevance, please pass on the BIOS version for the motherboard at this moment of time.

I moved Steam and steam games to that drive

Please elaborate on how you moved the content.

Reactions: Robius

Robius

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
Can you specify which board from Asus B550 lineup you have? I'm seeing a couple of SKU's with the B550 chipset under the TUF moniker. For the sake of relevance, please pass on the BIOS version for the motherboard at this moment of time.

I moved Steam and steam games to that drive

Please elaborate on how you moved the content.
It's this exact model: https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-b550m-plus-wi-fi/

I moved cs:go from steam options to new drive, deleted steam and re-installed it on the new drive.

But I'm also having some random 2-3 seconds freezes while browsing etc.