GPU: AORUS 2080Ti
RAM: 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z

Recently software changes:
[Updated] Windows 10
[Installed] ASUS GPU Tweak II
[Updated] Nvidia Game Ready Drivers
[Installed] Piriform DeFraggler
[Scanned] Avast Full System Scan + Auto Resolve

Yesterday I played a few demanding games without so much as a complaint from my computer. I turn it on tonight and as soon as I log in it freezes for up to 20 seconds at a time with less than a second of perfect functionality in between. Shut down, disconnected power, restarted. Same problem. I opened up Task Manager (a grueling process) only to see every program at 0% CPU usage except System Interrupts, using 100.0%

I am in some serious need of help. I cannot log in. I can barely launch anything at all.

Solution
probably a faulty driver.

you mention recently updating the GPU driver. i would use DDU to get rid of it and attempt a clean install of the driver. obviously don't try to install the driver from safe mode, but DDU is best runned from safe mode. DDU has an option to let you reboot to safe mode. and, while in safe mode, unless you exit DDU, or use the clean and restart option, it will have you boot back again to safe mode when you restart the PC.
Nov 28, 2019
Waited half an hour after logging in and the freezes slowly got shorter and shorter until they stopped completely. I have no idea what's happening and now I fear restarting my system again

swineadam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
probably a faulty driver.

you mention recently updating the GPU driver. i would use DDU to get rid of it and attempt a clean install of the driver. obviously don't try to install the driver from safe mode, but DDU is best runned from safe mode. DDU has an option to let you reboot to safe mode. and, while in safe mode, unless you exit DDU, or use the clean and restart option, it will have you boot back again to safe mode when you restart the PC.

Solution