Question System Memory Always above 40% (32GB 2x16GB)

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
I have an Alienware M17 (Alienware 03R2RY) with specs:
i7 8750H with UHD 630
2 x16GB (3200mhz)
3TB SSD storage (total, 1TB SATA and 2TB M.2. (1 M.2. slot available))
RTX 2070MQ

Around half a year ago I bought it the 32GB kit and since then it's run idle (infrequent use) however I checked on it recently and RAM was for some reason at 40% - 50% idle. I updated everything on my PC, limited browser RAM allowance to 4GB (I use Opera GX which has more control over what the browser can use), emptied the recycle bin and done a system clean (using Razer Cortex).

Whilst I am willing to try see if my PC will accept a 64GB kit (which I'm not sure it will take) is there anything else I can do to reduce the idle RAM usage?

The only apps I keep open when idle are: Discord, HWinfo64, Killer Control Center, and 2 Game Platforms, Steam and Overwolf.

I do have a Restoro License if anyone thinks using it could help reduce idle RAM usage.

The PC is on Win11

Lutfij

Titan
I updated everything on my PC
Did you check to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates?

Whilst I am willing to try see if my PC will accept a 64GB kit (which I'm not sure it will take) is there anything else I can do to reduce the idle RAM usage?
What sort of ram usage do you see when all apps are closed from system tray/taskbar and you're idling?

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022

What sort of ram usage do you see when all apps are closed from system tray/taskbar and you're idling?
Yes. I ran a full scan on Dell SupportAssist (which it found a BIOS update and applied when I restarted my PC).
With everything closed RAM usage is around 25% - 30% (apps/programs using the most usage are SupportAssistAgent and Intel System Usage Report)

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022

Just to check will my PC allow a 64GB kit?

kanewolf

Titan
I have an Alienware M17 (Alienware 03R2RY) with specs:
i7 8750H with UHD 630
2 x16GB (3200mhz)
3TB SSD storage (total, 1TB SATA and 2TB M.2. (1 M.2. slot available))
RTX 2070MQ

Around half a year ago I bought it the 32GB kit and since then it's run idle (infrequent use) however I checked on it recently and RAM was for some reason at 40% - 50% idle. I updated everything on my PC, limited browser RAM allowance to 4GB (I use Opera GX which has more control over what the browser can use), emptied the recycle bin and done a system clean (using Razer Cortex).

The only apps I keep open when idle are: Discord, HWinfo64, Killer Control Center, and 2 Game Platforms, Steam and Overwolf.

I do have a Restoro License if anyone thinks using it could help reduce idle RAM usage.

The PC is on Win11
Does you memory use get to 80% or greater? If not, then more RAM isn't going to be beneficial. It will just be unused.

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
In short I tend to mod games a lot however I recently did a pack that brought my RAM usage to 90%. I currently have a 32GB kit installed (2x16) however am not sure if my CPU/Mobo will support a larger RAM kit?
CPU: i7 8750H
RAM: 2x16 3200mhz
GPU: RTX 2070MQ 8GB
Mobo: Link here