Question System not booting after BIOS upgrade

Jan 1, 2022
Just upgraded the BIOS on an Asus X570 Plus (Wi-Fi) from v4002 to v4022. System is not booting up now, no display signal.

I unplugged the power, removed the SSD, cleared the CMOS (shorting the two small pins 5-10 secs), and pulled the battery for 1 minute

Called Asus support and they said the mobo is probably damaged, so I am planning on pulling the mobo and taking back to where I bought it and giving them my Asus ticket number.

Any suggestions?

p.s. I know I had v4002 before the upgrade, and some online hits said the Ryzen 9 5950X likes only 4002?

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022
Resolved - I was able to exchange the mobo at the store for a new one. However, at first bootup with the new mobo, I couldn't see the BIOS screen. So I decided to power-down and pull the only non-graphics hardware, which was an SSD and reboot. Then I got a BIOS screen immediately after power up - so the problem was most likely the SSD. Next, I decided to power-down install the SSD back into the mobo, and re-boot, but the same thing happened - no BIOS screen. So I again, I powered up with only the graphics card, but this time installed the SSD when power was up and the PC was running, then rebooted, and the BIOS screen appeared.

My guess is that updating the BIOS in the old mobo (returned to the store) did something to the SSD, because the old motherboard (before the BIOS update) had no problems loading the BIOS screen and/or seeing the SSD. Could a BIOS update do something to non-mobo hardware?