Question System not starting after switching cases

Hey all,
Thankfully I haven't had to make this post in a while, but of course I run into tech problems just weeks before I'm set to move out for college. My brother was not comfortable using my old P400S without the solid side panel (which was misplaced) to cover all the cables, so he wanted a case that was fully enclosed. I took this as an opportunity for me to buy a Meshify C and move his stuff to my S340. We moved both systems in the same room, and I treated the hardware with great amounts of caution. However, for some reason, his PSU was being very difficult to remove from the P400S, so I ended up having to remove the fan grill to get it out. Unfortunately, with the PSU I have, that voided the warranty. After building my system in the Meshify C, it booted up without a hitch. However, when it was time to test my brother's system, we did not have as much luck. The system does not power on at all. My initial thought was that the jumpers were placed incorrectly, so I tried shorting out the appropriate pins with a screwdriver: no luck. To test the PSU, I got one of my dinky old H110 boards that still had a pentium in it. The heatsink started spinning, and the HDD's started. However, after testing it a few more times, the system would only stay powered on for 10 seconds or so (maybe due to it not having any RAM?) before it suddenly shut off. What confuses me is that, when hooked up to his board, the onboard LED flickers for a second when I switch on the PSU, but I'm unable to get anything out of the system regardless.

My suspicions are this: something damaged his PSU while the fan grill was off, but I don't know how likely that is. If you have any ideas, PLEASE help. His specs are as follows:
Ryzen 7 2700X
Asus Prime X470 Pro
16GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 980 Ti
Enermax Platimax 600W 80+ Platinum PSU

Unplug everything in it and plug it back i again, you may have just missed something.

you could test his system with your known working PSU?

You could test his PSU in your known working system?

Put some ram in that H110 board and see if it will post, without ram a PC will not post, although I'm not sure if it turning off after 10 seconds is normal or not.

If something is broken it will be his PSU or his mobo, if you can confirm that the PSU works, than it may be his mobo

Just tried starting his system with my PSU that I know works. The same exact issue happened. I'm starting to believe it may be the motherboard at this point, but I highly doubt that the issue will be covered under ASUS's warranty. Is there anything else I can try? Both of the systems' hardware were handled in basically the exact same environment, so it's hard to think that only one of them got damage from user error, but I guess it's possible.

An update to the thread. After removing the heatsink from the board to make it easier to access, I think I found the issue. The CPU came off with the heatsink. I believe that it may not have been secured correctly, and there is now a bent pin. I am not going to try and fix it myself and will probably send it to a place to get it looked at.