System Policy Editor

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have created the policy (NTconfig.pol) and saved it in
\\WINNT\system32\Repl\Import\Scripts on my PDC server. I have added a user
and a computer to the policy and have enabled a couple of options under the
user (i.e. Wallpaper), but when I login as that user nothing seems to get
enabled. Does anyone know some little trick or setting that I may be
missing?

Danny

Is the client an NT machine? Also do you ahve more than 1 domain controller?
Ie a BDC?

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Danny" <dannyrobinson@canada.com> wrote in message
> I have created the policy (NTconfig.pol) and saved it in
> \\WINNT\system32\Repl\Import\Scripts on my PDC server. I have added a user
> and a computer to the policy and have enabled a couple of options under
the
> user (i.e. Wallpaper), but when I login as that user nothing seems to get
> enabled. Does anyone know some little trick or setting that I may be
> missing?
>
> Danny

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yes ...it is an NT machine SP6A and I only have the 1 domain PDC controller.
Would the default templates "common.adm & winnt.adm" be override my policy
"NTconfig.pol"?