Question System powers on but no go

Aug 13, 2024
I went to turn on my computer today and it powered up all fans and lights came on even keyboard lite up but there is no signal to monitor or to phone as I use my phones Hotspot to get online via a USB cord. I've tried everything re seated hardware even changed the CMOS battery and still nothing. When I hit the restart button nothing happens but when I press and hold the power button it will shut off. I have noticed the Hard drive light is steady and not blinking in and out like the Hard drive or in my case SSD all lights on tge motherboard are lite up is working so not sure what thus issue is I did have a window pop up when I turned on my PC yesterday saying CPU/Memory has changed so when in to BIOS and load my saved profile and it worked fine all day powered on when ever I would get on but today nothing. I have a i5 8600k cpu a MSI Z370 Gaming M5 motherboard a 1070 GTX GPU with 16 mb of ram if that helps

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Troubleshoot process of elimination.

Remove graphics card, try igpu.

Try one stick of ram at a time.

Cpu or memory overclock? Try reverting back to defaults. Since you're loading a saved profile, and if it is overclocked, cpu or memory, might not be stable anymore, or one of the memory modules might be causing trouble contributing to unstable overclock, so try one at a time.

What is your power supply model and how old?