Infiltration15

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Basically my computer has been acting funny last few days. It started randomly shutting down and powering off until I would shut it down by holding the power button (was fixed by just doing that so I thought nothing of it). After that I windows started taking a long time to boot up (once I put my password in to log in, the welcoming screen) and after it was actually up and going it ran fine. In between all this I had a prompt saying that I might have bad and Windows wanted to run a scan on it, and the scan came back with nothing. The last straw I guess you could say was when I was on the computer I accidently kicked the power cord out of the back and when I turned it back on it stayed at the welcoming screen for 30 minutes (did this three times before I decided to rebuild it).Now after I rebuilt it it was working fine again, restarted it several times for the service packs and then I shut it down for the night, and this morning when I turn it on Windows failed to start, and wants to go through the recovery process. I am totally lost on fixing this

If you've deleted the partition the OS was on, and then did a fresh install and are having issues, it is most likely a hardware issue. I would open it up and clean it out. Check the temps with Speccy - http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download - if anything is overheating you know where you can start. Read through the Event Viewer and see if there's a culprit or a clue. Reseat your memory and/or video card if you have one.

There's a lot to check on...

TRENDING THREADS