[SOLVED] System random freeze after changing ram

GiantPanda12

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Hello, guys!

I bought new ram for my system: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 4x4gb 2400Mhz Cl11
Well after installing it i turned on XMP profile. So far so good. I started benchmarking my system than played some games but after 1 hour my system froze. Nothing moved on the screen and my pc didnt responded to my mouse or keyboard. My system was on idle i guess because my vents were pretty quiet. I had to reset my system but everything was fine again for some time but again it froze. And it also froze on web pages or non heavy stuff. Im pretty sure its the new ram because i run prime95 before the new ram and my system was stable. But now if a run Prime95 it freezes after a minute. No error messages just freezes on the last picture. I really dont know what to do.
My pc:
CPU: i7 4790k (stock)
MOTHERBOARD: Asus sabertooth mark s
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 4x4gb 2400Mhz Cl11
GPU: GTX 1080 FE
POWER SUPPLY: Chieftec Smart Series 500w

Thanks for your time!

GiantPanda12

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Is it stable if you turn off xmp? If so, you can probably add a bit of voltage to the xmp settings. Or if its set to 1T change it to 2T.
Hello and thank you for your answer! I tested it and its stable right now for like 2hours!(but now its only on 1333Mhz) Could you explain it to me these settings in a little bit more detail?

GiantPanda12

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
I'm no expert and would refer to an article like this:
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/memory/how_to_manually_set_up_your_ram_speed_timings_and_voltage/1

A set of four sticks is generally harder on the memory controller and may require looser timing or more voltage to stay stable.
Okay, than but its one pack rated at 2400Mhz speed. So i got a faulty one? Because one of my friend has also 4x4gb ram and all he had to do was turn on XMP. And he didnt had any problem!