Question System restarts with certain games

Apr 1, 2023
Hey I have an issue with my computer. It’s surviving stress tests, I’ve ran furmark, heaven, prime95 for 30 minutes and it went fine but it will randomly restart while playing games like Fortnite or squad. I recently switched from a Ryzen 2600 to a Ryzen 5800x3d on an asrock b450 pro4 and I was wondering if it could be an issue with power delivery on the budget board that’s relatively old or if it might be an issue with the power supply?

Rest of the build is a 2080 super, a Corsair rmx 750w psu and 32 Gb of ddr4 ram. I’m not sure what to do. Usually when I have issues I just reinstall windows and it usually fixes it. But this seems to be more of a hardware issue than a software issue.

To clarify it restarts when launching squad, sometimes and will seemingly randomly restart when playing Fortnite.
I’ve checked the event viewer and there are no errors.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I recently switched from a Ryzen 2600 to a Ryzen 5800x3d on an asrock b450 pro4
Can you state which BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? As for your build, what rams are you working with? Age of the PSU in your build?

Apr 1, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I recently switched from a Ryzen 2600 to a Ryzen 5800x3d on an asrock b450 pro4
Can you state which BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? As for your build, what rams are you working with? Age of the PSU in your build?

I believe I’m on 5.60. Going to try updating it as I got that suggestion from another forum.
Psu was purchased in March of 2021.
Ram is 32gb of Corsair vengeance 2133

Lutfij

Titan
Hmmm, that's one below L8.02.

Could you pass on a link to the ram kit in use?

As for your theory on the overheating VRM's...aim a fan at them and see if you can hold without an issue. Any other titles that bring up the same issue? What storage are you working with?

Apr 1, 2023
Hmmm, that's one below L8.02.

Could you pass on a link to the ram kit in use?

As for your theory on the overheating VRM's...aim a fan at them and see if you can hold without an issue. Any other titles that bring up the same issue? What storage are you working with?
So I just realized that my ram was running at the wrong speed because I was just going off what I could see. But it’s actually

Corsair vengeance rgb pro 32gb (2x16)

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop memory – Black https://a.co/d/33UdSMd

Storage is a crucial mx500 m.2 1tb

Lutfij

Titan
I'd check and see if anything's flagged in Device Manager. You could try and update the BIOS to the latest one, then clear CMOS, then power up, re-enable XMP and see if you can reproduce the same issue on your build.

As for your SSD, using Crucial's Stroage Exceutive, can you see if it's got a firmware update pending. Perhaps try and resintall the games that are causing the system to reboot.

Can you also bring up temps when you experience these issues? On that note, how are you cooling that processor?

Apr 1, 2023
I'd check and see if anything's flagged in Device Manager. You could try and update the BIOS to the latest one, then clear CMOS, then power up, re-enable XMP and see if you can reproduce the same issue on your build.

As for your SSD, using Crucial's Stroage Exceutive, can you see if it's got a firmware update pending. Perhaps try and resintall the games that are causing the system to reboot.

Can you also bring up temps when you experience these issues? On that note, how are you cooling that processor?

I will try these troubleshooting steps later today when I have time. Thanks!

Also it’s being cooled by a Corsair H150i and even during prime95 after 30 minutes it didn’t exceed like 50 degrees C but I’ll keep an eye on it.