Question system shutting down while posting after psu is unplugged

May 5, 2019
Hi there,
I'm running into a very strange issue on this system with intel i7-3930k, asus p9x79 pro, 3 different types and brand of memory modules in quad channel config.
Using tpu switch on the mobo and memok button I was able to overclock and stabilize the system, and it works very well since the power chord is plugged in, but as long as I disconnect it (or turn off the psu), and then turning it on again, when switched on the system shutdown one time immediately after pressing the power button, then it post and boot correctly.

cmos battery is fine and the bios settings are maintained, although it seems like when plugged off the mobo is resetting some memory timing in relation to the base clock so it needs to shutdown to accomplish that... this thing does not happen with stock bclk frequency (100mhz) but only when is raised..

I'm fairly new to overclockin and I don't really know if this is a problem at all, could be that is a normal behaviour of the mobo oc tuner. however I would like to know if this can be fixed some way, and understand why is doing that...

any help is appreciated

thanks

PAt