[SOLVED] System stability

Triasis ghosh

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
I am planning to buy a pc with following specs:-
1.Ryzen 5 3600
2.Asus prime B450m A motherboard
3.g.skill ripjaws v 16 gb ddr4 3000 mhz ram (8×2)
4.Kingston a400 480 GB SSD
5.MSI Rx 570 8 GB Armor
6.Corsair vs550
7.Corsair 175r case
8.lg 22mp68vq monitor

I have the following questions:-
1.will RYZEN 5 3600 produce excess heat on stock wraith stealth cooler?(I will play PUBG,Fortnite,apex legends like games,I will overclock neither cpu nor ram)
2.I need to run Linux in this system,will that be stable?

Solution
The CX450 is a very good budget power supply, I have one myself, although keep in mind that it is not modular, you nees the cx450m version if you want modular cables.

Ps.
Kingston a400s are fine.

Samsungs cost too much. Can get an identical performaning crucial mx500 for less money
Samsungs cost as much as they do because of the 5 year warranty and brand, but I think that paying a bit more for a more reliable SSD is worth it. However, I also agree that a Crucial mx500 is a good choice for those on a budget.

Temps are toasty, but not dangerous in a stress test.
In a game temps are fine.

Cant say about linux. My first gen Ryzen cpu is fine in linux.

Jaga848

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
Hey, I know this is a bit off-topic, but I HIGHLY recommend getting some other SSD, and not the Kingston a400 series, I've had a very bad experience recently with the 480GB version, the read speed was almost half the advertised, and a lot of other people have had problems with this Kingston SSD series. Get a Samsung, even though it's more expensive, it's worth it in the long run.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Mid range cpu and gpu coupled with a cheap junk psu. That won't do.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim 67.8 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($49.80 @ OutletPC)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg Business)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $199.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-23 13:10 EDT-0400

I see most people are going to replace their Ryzen stock coolers - while it's efficient, it can get noisy, so I added a cooler to this list.
Plus, I picked a case that should be cheaper and has better front air intake than the one you picked.
Again, junk psu, so replaced with a better model.

You say you won't overclock, but you will have to do so with the ram. It does not run at those speeds out of the box. Speeds over DDR4 2133 is an overclock.
You will need to go into bios and set the speed yourself via XMP.

Jaga848

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
The CX450 is a very good budget power supply, I have one myself, although keep in mind that it is not modular, you nees the cx450m version if you want modular cables.

Ps.
Kingston a400s are fine.

Samsungs cost too much. Can get an identical performaning crucial mx500 for less money
Samsungs cost as much as they do because of the 5 year warranty and brand, but I think that paying a bit more for a more reliable SSD is worth it. However, I also agree that a Crucial mx500 is a good choice for those on a budget.

Solution