System Volume Information

SteveFace

Reputable
Aug 10, 2014
Hello, I had a Win32/Bundpil.O and Win32/Bundpil.S worm on my USB 8GB, and made all my files hidden so I did this command in cmd : attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.* and it worked, but there are a bunch of files that weren't there before, so am I safe to delete them?
KXpEjKQ.png

The folder with no name has my files in it.

Solution
System Volume Information is a system folder, and shouldn't be culled. Thumbs.db is a file containing the thumbnails of any images in that folder (to speed up display), Autorun.ini is for auto-playing things on removable disks, and desktop.ini is a system file for customising the way a folder looks - I think desktop.ini will regenerate, thumbs.db can be removed (and I believe autorun.ini too).
System Volume Information is a system folder, and shouldn't be culled. Thumbs.db is a file containing the thumbnails of any images in that folder (to speed up display), Autorun.ini is for auto-playing things on removable disks, and desktop.ini is a system file for customising the way a folder looks - I think desktop.ini will regenerate, thumbs.db can be removed (and I believe autorun.ini too).

Solution

SteveFace

Reputable
Aug 10, 2014

But I didn't have those files before I got the virus.