Question System will not boot / can't even enter BIOS

Vali Pali

Prominent
Jun 2, 2019
Hello. Here are my specs:

Mobo: Asus CH7
CPU: Ryzen 2700x
GPU: Asus GTX 1080 Ti
RAM: G-Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8 GB (F4-3200C14-8GTZRX)
PSU: Seasonic 750 W Gold

I'm stuck at the "Press Delete or F2 to enter BIOS" screen. PC is unresponsive. Pressing the Reset button/doing a power cycle gives the same result. Clearing the C-mos allows me to enter BIOS, but after exiting the BIOS I get the same screen. The only way to get into Windows is to re-seat my RAM.

This is a re-occuring problem. I thought it was solved after updating the chipset driver and the BIOS to the latest versions, and I had 1 week of stable system. However, today after I unistalled the KB4465065 update (since it was addressing Intel CPU's), the same problem popped up. I re-installed the update, but after restarting the PC I got the same issue.

I posted in this sub-forum because I don't know what's causing this. The RAM, CPU, or the motherboard? I don't even know if it's a hardware or a software issue. I found some 2 years-old other forum links that were speaking about the RGB software somehow corrupting the G-Skill RAM, but I the only RGB software I installed on the system is the AURA for GPU (to have the GPU RGB turned off).

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Because I'm starting to question my sanity here.

Vali Pali

Prominent
Jun 2, 2019
Mobo was bought last year, so I doubt the Cmos battery is the culprit.

Also, further testing revealed that overclocking the RAM to the advertised freq. and latencies does make the BIOS seem laggy. Is this bad RAM?