[SOLVED] System with Ryzen 1600 won't POST ?

thai_rat

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2009
I have a Ryzen 1600 mounted on a Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 mobo that was working.
I rebuilt it using different GPU and memory.

Old working config.
Ryzen 1600
Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 socket AM 4
Nvidia GTX 1050 4gb
Corsair DDR4 3000 Mhz 16 gb 2x8
Psu 600watt

Rebuilt it to:
Ryzen 1600
Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 socket AM 4
Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
Kingston HyperX Fury 2666 Mhz 16 gb 2x8
power supply 460 watt

At first it was working fine then after installing new video driver it started misbehaving.
The more things I tried the worse it seemed to get. I couldnt get Windows 10 to boot on a newly installed partition, but able to run a different version of Win 10 running on an different partitionm couldnt change resolution even tho nvidia card and driver installed. Situation got progressively worse. I was able to change boot order in bios to choose different installation of Windows 10.
At beginning could get into bios, but now no longer.
The mobo has diagnostic leds for cpu, dram, boot, vga. After unplugging or pulling out hardware the vga, boot and cpu leds have all stayed lit at one time or another, so didnt help much.

Tried replacing components, memory, video card, power supply, all sata drives, reset cmos no luck.

The motherboard will sometimes give a single short beep, but nothing on the screen, monitor says no signal.
Assumed problem was motherboard bought a new Gigabyte B450M DS3H

Try again
Ryzen 1600
Gigabyte B450M DS3H socket AM 4
Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
Kingston HyperX Fury 2666 Mhz 16 gb 2x8
Different power supply 600 watt

Again mobo short beep on boot, but nothing on screen
Again same same I guess CPU is dead, looked at it under microscope, no bent pins and looks clean.

What is necessary to POST ?
cpu
keyboard
psu

video card and memory optional?

Solution
Yeah that worked.

Solved

The problem was complicated, hdmi output wouldnt show a signal on boot, my Acer monitor only has HDMI and VGA. When using this card monitor combination a week ago it was fine using the HDMI out and cable.

Nvidia 750 TI would show no output HDMI to my Acer monitor. Tried an old Nvidia 630 PCI card with vga and could get into bios. So the problem not CPU, put the Nvidia 750 Ti back in with a gender bender (DVI to VGA ) and the screen lit up can get into bios. The 750 Ti has HDMI and DVI out but no vga.

I had tried different HDMI cables, but made no difference, either the HDMI output of video card or HDMI input on monitor is the problem still not sure.

thai_rat

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2009
Yeah that worked.

Solved

The problem was complicated, hdmi output wouldnt show a signal on boot, my Acer monitor only has HDMI and VGA. When using this card monitor combination a week ago it was fine using the HDMI out and cable.

Nvidia 750 TI would show no output HDMI to my Acer monitor. Tried an old Nvidia 630 PCI card with vga and could get into bios. So the problem not CPU, put the Nvidia 750 Ti back in with a gender bender (DVI to VGA ) and the screen lit up can get into bios. The 750 Ti has HDMI and DVI out but no vga.

I had tried different HDMI cables, but made no difference, either the HDMI output of video card or HDMI input on monitor is the problem still not sure.

Last edited:
Solution