[SOLVED] System won't boot after restart

Nitroe

Reputable
May 8, 2020
Every time I restart my PC it doesn't boot back up. This is annoying when I have to restart due to an update. I then shut down the PC and start it again and it either turns on, shuts off by itself and turns on again or boots up. I think the culprit might be the RAM because when it does eventually boot up again it lowers my RAM speed to 2133 mhz. After this I then have to shut it down again and go into the BIOS and set the RAM speed back to 3200mhz. Anyone have any similar experience to this? How would I go about fixing this issue?

Solution
86.3 max is on the hot side but I don't think it's causing the problem with restarting.

The PSU voltages look good...so I'm tending to think that's not the issue either.

It may actually be the ram. You could try it with just one stick and see if the problem goes away.

Nitroe

Reputable
May 8, 2020
It says 750 on the side, I think it's a pretty solid prebuilt which is why i bought it. The only thing bad about it imo is the cpu cooler, my cpu gets pretty hot. Maybe it's just because the cpu has a lot of cores though idk. Would the CMOS battery be the main culprit then if the PSU isn't?

It says 750 on the side, I think it's a pretty solid prebuilt which is why i bought it. The only thing bad about it imo is the cpu cooler, my cpu gets pretty hot. Maybe it's just because the cpu has a lot of cores though idk. Would the CMOS battery be the main culprit then if the PSU isn't?
Download and run HWInfo.
Check the voltages in the MB section.
If they vary 5% from the 12, 5 and 3.3 V numbers....you need a new power supply.
You can also check your temps with HWInfo.

The voltages are good IN THAT PIC.

HWINfo records the high and low voltages...so leave HWInfo running and run the PC.....run something that will load it up....like a demanding game. Then look at the voltages again.

Also....it is showing your CPU maxed out at 74C.....which is fine....but we don't want it maxing out much higher than that.....as in 90C would be bad.

86.3 max is on the hot side but I don't think it's causing the problem with restarting.

The PSU voltages look good...so I'm tending to think that's not the issue either.

It may actually be the ram. You could try it with just one stick and see if the problem goes away.

Solution