[SOLVED] System won't boot

starwarsgamer5001

Prominent
Jan 7, 2019
Left on vacation for two weeks. Shutdown my system, turned off the psu, and unplugged it. I come back and turn it on and nothing happens. No fans, no sound from the mobo speaker. The only sign of life is a blinking mobo light. Below is my system. It was built in 2012 with an upgrade of the gpu since then.

cpu: AMD Phenom IIx4 965 Black Edition (stock cooler)
motherboard: Asus MA597
Ram: 8gb Kingston DDR3
GPU: MSI AMD R9 270 2gb
PSU: Corsair GS600

The night before I left the system was working perfectly. I have tried removing everything from the mobo except the cpu and power connector. I still get the blinking light. I also replaced the mobo battery. At this point I am thinking psu. At this point the plan is to go to best buy and pick up a psu I can use to test. Anything wrong with that plan? Any other suggestions/ thoughts?

Solution
Try unplugging the system--with no cords going into it--and hold down the power button for 15 seconds. By doing this, you clear the memory that is responsible for BIOS-to-hardware communication. If that doesn't work, I would recommend trying to see if you can borrow/buy known-working RAM or power supply.
May 29, 2019
Try unplugging the system--with no cords going into it--and hold down the power button for 15 seconds. By doing this, you clear the memory that is responsible for BIOS-to-hardware communication. If that doesn't work, I would recommend trying to see if you can borrow/buy known-working RAM or power supply.

Solution
May 29, 2019
Blinking on the motherboard is usually a sign of either hardware failure or hardware miscommunication. While I cannot surely say what the problem is, resetting the CMOS (by doing what you did) is a free solution that might fix system communication problems. Always troubleshoot with free options before paid ones. Glad you could get your system working!