Question System won't post with new PSU

Oct 19, 2023
I7 12700k
ASUS Prime z690-p D4
Corsair H150i RGB Elite - AIO
MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5 PSU
MSI 4080 Gaming X Trio
Corsair Commander Pro

So I recently upgraded my GPU from a 2080TI to the above 4080. My old psu a 750W Corsair didn't have enough connectors to power it so I bought along with it a Corsair 1000w PSU. Having a feeling that the GPU wouldn't completely fit in my case I also bought a Phanteks riser mount. The GPU and PSU arrived before the mount so I installed them both PC booted fine and worked as expected just without the side panel installed.

The next day the riser mount arrived so I installed it and then the PC wouldn't post.
First step I removed the mount and riser cable installed the GPU direct to mobo same result.
Then I removed the GPU altogether same result. I disconnected everything and started with just power to mobo 24Pin and 8Pin PC posts.
Reconnected the AIO, PC posts. Connected the commander unit which has 6 fans connected PC won't post. Disconnected AIO and kept commander Unit connected PC posts. Tried my old PSU with both AIO and Commander unit and PC posts.
So I returned the PSU and got the above MSI 1000w which returned the same issue.

I've taken it to a local shop something I've never done before and they have replicated the same results and some further ones.
They tried a 650w PSU they have PC posts. They connected AIO PC posts then connected fans when the PC is already on and they work. Turn the PC off and on again and it won't post. They tried a fan controller they had in store PC won't post.
The only solution they came up with is connecting the fans directly to the mobo and not a controller and the PC posts.
Has anyone ever had anything similar to this or any other suggestions. I've tried to list everything I've done over the last 3 days so any help would be appreciated.

Oct 19, 2023
Try with another MoBo, since it's possible the riser damaged the MoBo somehow, after which MoBo started to become capricious.
Thanks I think that will be the next option. As the shop just called to say it won't post with riser cable installed.