Question System wont Post

becominq

Reputable
Nov 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,

New system built but I cant figure out how to get a POST for the life of me and running out of things to try.

PC Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600
GPU - Palit GameRock 3070ti
MOBO - Asus Rog Strix B550-F Gaming
PSU - Corsair RM850x
RAM - 32 GB G.Skillz Trident Z Royal 3200mhz (4 x 8 GB)
Storage - 1 tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME (x2)
CPU Cooler - Silverstone IceGem 360 AIO
Fans - Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Prismatic (x6)
Case - Hyte Y60

I have already tried:
  • Flashing bios to multiple different updated versions that support ryzen 5000 series chips
  • Re-seating CPU/GPU/RAM
  • Clearing CMOS
  • Starting with 1/2 sticks of ram instead of 4
  • Re-check connections with power supply and headers on motherboard
  • Using different cables and monitors that are known to work on my current setup
After powering on system, all RGB lights up, all fans have power, motherboard Q-LED debug lights run through the cycle, gets through DRAM fine but sometimes stuck on red CPU light. But most times clears through every debug light.

Stuck on no signal on the monitor and cant get any post.

PCpartpicker list in signature

Any suggestions? Thanks

Cem Goker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
Hello there, your issue seems like it's a dead CPU or motherboard. Have you followed the steps of flashing BIOS on the official ASUS page? Give it a try again by following the instructions on the web page and make sure you get the latest and stable version of the BIOS. If that still didn't work, then you might have to replace either your CPU or motherboard. I would go for a CPU replacement first as it's easier to test for any defects.

becominq

Reputable
Nov 27, 2017
Hello there, your issue seems like it's a dead CPU or motherboard. Have you followed the steps of flashing BIOS on the official ASUS page? Give it a try again by following the instructions on the web page and make sure you get the latest and stable version of the BIOS. If that still didn't work, then you might have to replace either your CPU or motherboard. I would go for a CPU replacement first as it's easier to test for any defects.
Thanks for the response, When I performed the bios flash, I did so with the full system assembled. A lot of what I have read has said that the bios flash feature should work fine with everything installed, and I did get the LED blinking while it performed the update so I believed it worked. I have however read that it can be good to take out CPU and RAM when performing the bios flash so I will try that next.

https://rog.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1038568

The official asus support page does not specify whether the CPU/RAM need to be removed from the system to perform the bios flash.

Quick question, would the motherboard be dead if it is still able to go through the QLED, power the fans and AIO pump? I thought maybe I got a dead CPU, but I only have a ryzen 2600, so no chip thats 3000 series to test on this board.

Cem Goker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
Thanks for the response, When I performed the bios flash, I did so with the full system assembled. A lot of what I have read has said that the bios flash feature should work fine with everything installed, and I did get the LED blinking while it performed the update so I believed it worked. I have however read that it can be good to take out CPU and RAM when performing the bios flash so I will try that next.

https://rog.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1038568

The official asus support page does not specify whether the CPU/RAM need to be removed from the system to perform the bios flash.

Quick question, would the motherboard be dead if it is still able to go through the QLED, power the fans and AIO pump? I thought maybe I got a dead CPU, but I only have a ryzen 2600, so no chip thats 3000 series to test on this board.

There was an episode of Fix or Flop from Greg Salazar on YouTube that perfectly demonstrated a motherboard defect that was still able to give power to the rest of the components. But yeah just test whatever you can. As for the BIOS update, I have a B550-I Strix which I had to update since I am using a 5600x - had my RAM and CPU installed on the board too when I did it.

becominq

Reputable
Nov 27, 2017
There was an episode of Fix or Flop from Greg Salazar on YouTube that perfectly demonstrated a motherboard defect that was still able to give power to the rest of the components. But yeah just test whatever you can. As for the BIOS update, I have a B550-I Strix which I had to update since I am using a 5600x - had my RAM and CPU installed on the board too when I did it.
Still haven't been able to get a post, I think you may be right with this then. I feel like the bios flash should've fixed it but still getting the red CPU QLED debug. Maybe I should get a replacement board.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts